"Brand" Name :)

knightyme

I suspect many of you are already aware of this or even using one, so this is directed at those who don't. :)

As many of you know by now, I have a small custom plaque business that keeps me busy. When I first started the business, I looked for a way to "sign" my work, if you will, in an effort to capture follow-up orders. As such, I came real close to ordering a "rubber stamp" kit, to place my name on the rear of each plaque. However, I really wanted something more "rustic" in appearance and I found just what I was looking for at Rockler.

A branding iron for wood.

I brand each plaque (see image below) and follow-up orders have already manifested themselves! I love my branding iron!

brand.png

Edited by knightyme

I suspect many of you are already aware of this or even using one, so this is directed at those who don't. :)

As many of you know by now, I have a small custom plaque business that keeps me busy. When I first started the business, I looked for a way to "sign" my work, if you will, in an effort to capture follow-up orders. As such, I came real close to ordering a "rubber stamp" kit, to place my name on the rear of each plaque. However, I really wanted something more "rustic" in appearance and I found just what I was looking for at Rockler.

I brand each plaque (see image below) and follow-up orders have already manifested themselves! I love my branding iron!

brand.png

Looks like it keep everything in that professionally perspective

I am not in business but I have a branding iron. The guys at work gave it to me when I retired. I don't use it on everything but I really like having one that is for sure.

Oh don't we all love just having something even when we never use it!

Yup, I have one too.

Where's mine?

I use one also.

IMGP0540.jpg

Now this one hot! you went all out!

brand.png

I am not in business but I have a branding iron. The guys at work gave it to me when I retired. I don't use it on everything but I really like having one that is for sure.

everything has it's own priority when the need arises go for it !

Yup, I have one too.

I use one also.

IMGP0540.jpg

I've had one for years, it works great.

Len

I purchased an attachment for my branding iron so that I can burn the year as well.  The attachment is such that the numbers may be altered each year (using a primitive form of typesetting).

Often, I not only brand my work, but I add other information, such as the name of the designer if the design is not mine.

I'm attaching an example.

post-28738-0-51230300-1481469890_thumb.jpg

I purchased an attachment for my branding iron so that I can burn the year as well.  The attachment is such that the numbers may be altered each year (using a primitive form of typesetting).

Often, I not only brand my work, but I add other information, such as the name of the designer if the design is not mine.

I'm attaching an example.

Frank, that year attachment is a nice touch! If I may ask, where did you find that? Merry Christmas!!