2 speed to variable speed?

allpurpose

Just wondering..I'm far from being an electrician and I'm not in love with the notion of burning the house down so.. is it feasible to convert my 2 speed Dremel to a variable speed without swapping out too many parts?

NO!  While it is very unlikely you will burn the house down you will burn the motor out. Motors will burn out as the result of higher then expected or lower then expected voltage. The motor on your machine was not designed for variable speed.

John perhaps I didn't explain myself right I have an air tool with quick release chuck which is reversible both ways left & right which you can control the speed by the trigger see below.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/draper-sfrad-storm-force-composite-10mm-revers/

and this is the dremel type below.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/draper-sfsad-storm-force-composite-10mm-revers/

Just wondering..I'm far from being an electrician and I'm not in love with the notion of burning the house down so.. is it feasible to convert my 2 speed Dremel to a variable speed without swapping out too many parts?

sounds like you'll end up with just what you want ,Keep looking or Goggle the problem!

Roly, I think the OP was asking how to change a two speed scroll saw to a variable speed saw.

I was just giving an alternative option of a dremel type air tool with trigger control I wouldn't even mess with the chance of being electrocuted or a fire in hole. haa haa :lol:  :lol: I've seen two drills of mine over heat and catch fire and one was rechargeable where it wouldn't switch off and the battery over heated so I take my batteries off when there not in use now just in case it happens again. Roly