disowned 2 new customers today

amazingkevin

11 hours ago, DWSUDEKUM said:

Sorry to hear about that kind of customer issues.  This is precisely why I work off a written descriptive contract that everyone, both the customer(s) and myself, has agreed upon before even starting any work. It helps eliminate these kind of issues.

DW

God says do not put your trust in people

4 hours ago, rdatelle said:

Kevin, what you need to do is show them the pattern and what it's going to look like and write out a contract and let them sign it. Also get half down. If they complain or don't like it, show them the pattern that they agreed on and that's that. If they don't want it, keep the deposit and send them on there way.

i keep showing her the pattern and she kept changing it  to no end

1 hour ago, Blaughn said:

The late great Michael Collins - noted photographer - talked about working with a corporate art director to produce a magazine ad.   Michael was shooting 8" x 10" Polaroid proofs (at around $10.00 each shutter drop.)  After 4 hours he was shooting the fifth proof with lighting change and setup.  The art director wanted to go back to the original setup.  Michael looked at the art director and said "Ahhhh, you're confusing me."  The art director started telling Michael what he wanted and Michael repeated "Ahhhh, your confusing me."  With his voice dripping with sarcasm the art director said "What?  The famous Michael Collins can't follow simple directions?"!!!

Michael smiled and said:  "No, that's not the problem.  You are confusing me with someone who needs your business.  You may leave now."

Yes reverse psychology

I just loved it when a person came to my office and asked for my assistance and then questioned each and every phrase of my advice.  A young lady simply pushed me the wrong way one day by saying my beautician said I ought to do x, y and z.  I got up from my desk, opened the door for her to leave, and told her I am sure her beautician will handle her matter to her satisfaction.  The other terrible customer is the one that wants to change their will six times before signing.  I started charging by the hour for wills because some people would take less than a half hour of my time and others would take over four hours with the ridiculous flip flop changes.  

On 4/24/2017 at 0:33 AM, zimmerstutzen said:

I just loved it when a person came to my office and asked for my assistance and then questioned each and every phrase of my advice.  A young lady simply pushed me the wrong way one day by saying my beautician said I ought to do x, y and z.  I got up from my desk, opened the door for her to leave, and told her I am sure her beautician will handle her matter to her satisfaction.  The other terrible customer is the one that wants to change their will six times before signing.  I started charging by the hour for wills because some people would take less than a half hour of my time and others would take over four hours with the ridiculous flip flop changes.  

i understand perfectly what your saying ,you said it well!

On 4/24/2017 at 0:57 AM, wombatie said:

There are some very difficult people in this world and fortunately I have only ever encountered about half a dozen of them.  It's better to walk away with your sanity in tact than having a heart attack about some stupid person. 

Marg

i'm starting to see it your way now,!

On 4/24/2017 at 7:14 AM, SCROLLSAW703 said:

when I get into a situation like this, I just look at them & ask "do I come to your home or office & tell you all the changes YOU should make?" It usually shuts them up, & they make a decision or leave.:)

i try to be kind and polite about it but when they don't listen to reason .i ignore them