Compound cutting wood

Old Dust

Rob,

I have done that too. I tape the block together, leaving a folded over tab at the end of each piece for them to grab and pull . I sent these to relatives and close friends when they couldn't comprehend my explanation of how I was making them. I've also included one of the old dull saw blades so they could see how tiny the blade was. One cousin opened her's while on the phone with me. She seemed genuinely impressed as the reindeer came out of the middle of the block of wood before her.

Charley

Thanks again to @CharleyL for his detailed information and instructions with photos in this thread and to @Bill WIlson and @dgman and others who answered questions and gave helpful information on blades to use and more - I finally got a chance (or took the time to just do it) to do a few compound cuts today.  No Reindeer yet, but I'll get to them one day!  I have shared what I cut in the Bragging sub-fourm here: http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/27019-first-try-compound-cutting/ - Not too bad for a beginner I don't think and its thanks in large part to all of the information, tips, and such that you guys shared in this thread.  I appreciate all of your kindnesses in helping out people like me here on the forum.  Thanks.