Wealth of Info

tonylumps

I just started doing some animal puzzles.As I was doing a search here at SCV.I could not believe all the Info that our members take time to share .The trials and eras as we become more proficient.When it came to searching for puzzles in particular I came on a lot of Iggys post Every question I had got answered on this forum. Thanks Guys.Makes life a lot easier

Tony this is what makes the village the village my friend.  We all love this craft / art called scrolling.  There is a ton of accumulated knowledge among the membership.  Most of us want to help others by sharing patterns, skills making things, making patterns, general knowledge. Everybody has a slightly different tact on how to do things and that knowledge is what is shared.  Would not be the Village with out the membership.

DW

We have a great community here, don't we?  I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary of making the animal puzzles and in one month will mark 1 year that I started selling them.  Without SSV I would have flopped on my face.  I hope I'm able to give back even a fraction of what I learned.

Are you saying I talk a lot?  ;-)

Edited by Iguanadon

15 minutes ago, Iguanadon said:

We have a great community here, don't we?  I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary of making the animal puzzles and in one month will mark 1 year that I started selling them.  Without SSV I would have flopped on my face.  I hope I'm able to give back even a fraction of what I learned.

No iggy.My wife talks a lot.But does'nt say anything.Your one thread I had to get pencil and paper.

we all started at the bottom, & some of us learned before the wealth of the internet, & the ability to meet new folks online with different ideas & saws. It's a great place to learn from each other. This is the best scroll site I've found. Don't be shy about askin' questions here, neighbor. For certain you'll get several answers that will help you in more ways than you can imagine! happy scrollin' & enjoy the day!

Have to say I learned a lot through books such as Patrick Spielman and John Nelson when I started out. Never had a computer. Now things are much easier to find and to ask a question is so easy and you get immediate responses. Also The Berry Basket was my go to source of patterns. I probably made so many of Rick and Karen's patterns that they are most of my products. I remember the black and white small little catalogs they started with. I bet I still have those somewhere. Scrolling took off and was a popular hobby due to people like that. Still is a relaxing hobby and you canstill make a few $$$ from. 

3 hours ago, Doug said:

Tony

You are either a fool or a very brave man or both.  After she reads your comment, let us know when you get out of the hospital.59132bf1ea4de_BadDecisionsMakeGoodStories.JPG.164c19fb050cd3779407127c78d5fd04.JPG

:lol::lol: I had thought the same thing when I saw Tony's comment BUT I decided to keep my mouth shut and hope she didn't read the forum ;) - Having been in the Marine Corps I think he can probably take care of himself though and besides - sounds like he has "some" smarts if he's learned to keep his head down! :lol: (Course a real smart man would have never said it!) :lol:

10 hours ago, Iguanadon said:

Iggy are you going to cut a special edition puzzle for your one year anniversary? That sounds like a good idea to me. What ya  think?  :cool:

3 hours ago, meflick said:

:lol::lol: I had thought the same thing when I saw Tony's comment BUT I decided to keep my mouth shut and hope she didn't read the forum ;) - Having been in the Marine Corps I think he can probably take care of himself though and besides - sounds like he has "some" smarts if he's learned to keep his head down! :lol: (Course a real smart man would have never said it!) :lol:        Boy What timing

s8.JPG

Edited by tonylumps