Hawk dust control port??

kmmcrafts

Since there has been a lot of Hawk topics lately.. is anyone using the dust port on theirs? I'm thinking about hooking it up and seeing how well it will work. Just thought I'd see if anyone else is using it.. I like how the dust collects on the top of the saw below the blade rather than all over me like the DeWalt does.. but using that dust port below might actually help keep a lot of dust floating around in the shop.. I do use the box fan filter next to the saw.. which helps.. 

6 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Since there has been a lot of Hawk topics lately.. is anyone using the dust port on theirs? I'm thinking about hooking it up and seeing how well it will work. Just thought I'd see if anyone else is using it.. I like how the dust collects on the top of the saw below the blade rather than all over me like the DeWalt does.. but using that dust port below might actually help keep a lot of dust floating around in the shop.. I do use the box fan filter next to the saw.. which helps.. 

Dust port?  Ain't got one on mine.  I have my shop-vac hose wirestrapped onto the frame underneath just like I did with the Dewalt.

Hegner's have a dust port... is that what you're thinking about?

Edited by Iguanadon

23 minutes ago, Iguanadon said:

Dust port?  Ain't got one on mine.  I have my shop-vac hose wirestrapped onto the frame underneath just like I did with the Dewalt.

Hegner's have a dust port... is that what you're thinking about?

Nope don't have a Hegner.. My Hawk 226 Ultra has a spot to put a dust port right under where the bottom blade clamp is.. large hole which just has a plastic plug in it right now.. I assume it's a dust spot to put a vac hose in.. but the manual doesn't mention it.. My old Hawk 220VS doesn't have a hole there.. The 220VS is from 1993 and the 226 Ultra is a 1998.. which was new in the box still so I imagine it was made that way.. Just figured the newer models all had them.. though never seen another like mine.. so not sure.. maybe special ordered that way?

I will see about getting a picture up to show what I am talking about..

Kevin

First picture ( if you can make it out ) the plug inserted and the second picture is after I removed the plug.. Third picture is a view from under the saw... and the other is the plug and a tape measure to reference the size.. Now I thought this was a bigger plug than it actually is..I just remember it being there when I put the saw together and thinking it might be a dust port to stick a vac hose in..  

Was thinking about hooking up either my dust collector or shop vac to it to see how well it would perform.. will need to buy some adapters as my shop vac has a 2.5 inch hose I think.. and my dust collector is 4 inch. Might try it though.. just thought I'd ask before buying the stuff.. but I guess my saw is the only one with a hole?

Kevin  

DSC04175.JPG

DSC04176.JPG

DSC04178.JPG

DSC04177.JPG

3 hours ago, Oldmansbike said:

My hawk is a 1996 226 ultra model and it doesn't have that hole in that spot.

I wonder if this could have something to do with the optional oil / water cooling system Hawk offered.. anyone have any experience with those or seen one? I've only seen it in the paperwork / advertisements that was in my saws packaging..