Iggy's 1 Man Animal Puzzle Assembly Line

Iguanadon

14 minutes ago, Woodmaster1 said:

Nice assembly line. I can see why you want a top of the line scroll saw. Do you use poplar for most of your puzzles? With your puzzle post I am thinking of making a few because it looks like fun. It would be something new for me as I am just getting into scrolling.

Thanks.  Yes, I use poplar.  I like the color variations that come with each board.  I absolutely enjoy making each and every one of them.  It's very relaxing to me.  I have a full time job, so this is a great way to de-stress throughout the day.

Here ya go... a freebie pattern so you can give it a try.  I sell the patterns for Harvey Byler, the artist behind them.

Let me know if any questions.

Iggy

Rescue1Harvey.pdf

42 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Very good, great expectations of your process, and nice clean shop with organization. Only think I did not understand was I was expecting a different voice, Barney, lol, RJ

And I was thinking what a mess things are right now as I'm scrambling with just 2 weeks til my big event.

I describe myself as Andy Griffith with an attitude... lived in NC all my life, but my entire family is from Brooklyn, NY.

21 hours ago, Woodmaster1 said:

Nice assembly line. I can see why you want a top of the line scroll saw. Do you use poplar for most of your puzzles? With your puzzle post I am thinking of making a few because it looks like fun. It would be something new for me as I am just getting into scrolling.

I just wanted to say, yes, they are great fun to cut and addictive as well! ;):o

Thanks for taking the time and sharing the video of your process Scott.

19 hours ago, rjweb said:

Very good, great expectations of your process, and nice clean shop with organization. Only think I did not understand was I was expecting a different voice, Barney, lol, RJ

and I'm with RJ - when you started talking - I was like - whoa for some reason, that was not the voice I was expecting! LOL - guess that means that everyone thinks I sound like the great Mouse (or at least Minnie!) :lol:

Scott,

A great video, but you left out your shrink wrapping system. Where do you get your shrink wrap and how do you do it? Your work area is also much neater than my shop, but I'm usually building large cabinets, etc. as well as doing small scroll saw work at the same time.  

When scrolling, I always drill the holes and cut the inside areas of my work first. This gives me more to hang onto during most of the cutting process and reduces breakage. I then work gradually outward from the approximate center and cut the outer profiles last, but much of what I do is considerably smaller than what you do.

Charley

Thanks for the comments everyone.  I realize I need to do another one, with more detail, information and showing me actually cutting a puzzle from beginning to end.  I'll try to do that for those who are interested.

I use shrink wrap bags that are 9"x12" and open on one end.  Simply insert the puzzle and heat the open end first, then shrink everything else around it.  Here is where I get the bags now that Amazon doesn't carry the size I need any longer.  https://www.papermart.com/flat-shrink-bags/id=4937