Is it the spiral blade or the user?

Phantom Scroller

I cant stand spirals. tried them but just not my thing. some people get great results with them though.

I use jewelers blades, they are about 54 teeth per inch. Mainly 2/0.  They are cheap too, a gross on amazon is $18.  The downside is they dont have reverse teeth so you need to sand the backs but thats not that big of a deal.  Its worth it for the smooth cuts and the ability to really get tight with the tiny turns. 

On 9/1/2017 at 4:58 PM, Phantom Scroller said:

Well I've always hated spiral blades but I needed a No1 or 2 ultra reverse but didn't have any but I did have a spiral and can't cut a straight line for toffee and I can't go over the top of letters without chopping the tops off is it the blade or user incompetence.
I think it's the latter. So I bought some more Flying dutchman UR blades and I'll wait rather than ruin the job. So see the worst cut I've ever made he didn't shepherd me on this one. Is there anyone else feels this way.frown.gif Roly

rubbish blades.jpg

Nice bricks Roly:cool::cool::cool:.

Rob Roy.