5/0 Piercing Saw Blades

malc

These are traditionaly used with a handsaw for cutting soft metals as in jewelry making. I looked up the tpi for that size blade and it listed as 70 tpi. This is a very fine blade. As long as it fits in your scroll saw it can be used. There are scrollers that use these in making puzzles and fine details on thin wood. The problem arises when trying to set the tension and overheating of the blades. Too much tension and they will snap when starting the saw and overheat if the speed is too high. What are you thinking of cutting with this blade?

These are traditionaly used with a handsaw for cutting soft metals as in jewelry making. I looked up the tpi for that size blade and it listed as 70 tpi. This is a very fine blade. As long as it fits in your scroll saw it can be used. There are scrollers that use these in making puzzles and fine details on thin wood. The problem arises when trying to set the tension and overheating of the blades. Too much tension and they will snap when starting the saw and overheat if the speed is too high. What are you thinking of cutting with this blade?

I cut mostly ply and MDF

Malc

I've thought about the heat situation and maybe forced air on the blade would help greatly to prolong the wear of the blade and help it from bending to much with the extra heat and no place to go .Also it's a plus to rid the dust more efficiently.Just a thought.I would really like that blade as my puzzles are a little to sloppy fitting for my likeing.60-70 teeth may be over kill but i'll try it.Thanks for the info .I never knew those blades existed. :)

Yep...Those will work on ply. The MDF depending on the adhesive might dull em up quick. If you want to have some fun...Make a puzzle out of a coin. The quarter was cut with a couple of FD-SP (superior puzzle) blades. The jewelers blades will give you a tighter fit. You can also use some blade lube to cut down on the friction/heat.

[attachment=1]qtr1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]qtr2.jpg[/attachment]