Making a Compound Cut Chess Set Pattern

TheWoodArtist

Ok I've got an idea for a design but have no idea how to design it. It's a compound cut design. The idea is coming up with a Military Chess Set. I would really like to have the USMC as at least part of the design. It would be great to have different sets based on the different branches. I know some pattern makers know how to make compound designs so I'm posting this to see if one of those might know how to make this idea. If there is one and can design these, I would be willing to pay for the patterns. Hopefully this idea can be done..... Thanks!

I have seen a Civil war chess set but not ones like you are looking for. I have cut other's patterns but my brain does not work on compound pattern making. I am moving so all my books are packed and I have one with several designs of chess sets but can not remember the authors name. Maybe someone knows of who this is. It may at least give you ideas of how to do it or he may be of some help 

9 hours ago, TheWoodArtist said:

Ok I've got an idea for a design but have no idea how to design it. It's a compound cut design. The idea is coming up with a Military Chess Set. I would really like to have the USMC as at least part of the design. It would be great to have different sets based on the different branches. I know some pattern makers know how to make compound designs so I'm posting this to see if one of those might know how to make this idea. If there is one and can design these, I would be willing to pay for the patterns. Hopefully this idea can be done..... Thanks!

Hi Chris,Show us the ropes of how you went about making and designing you when you do a "Works in progress " if you like!

8 hours ago, CharleyL said:

Steve Good's website has a compound cut chess set pattern that you might look at. Maybe ideas for modifying these pieces will be easier once you look at Steve's patterns.

http://www.stevedgood.com/chessset.pdf

Charley 

I have his pattern and others. I've tried to make designs already and well....NOPE! not going to happen. I've gotten some responses from being posted in other groups but nothing yet to the point that someone is going to make the patterns yet. I can design patterns just not compound cuts for one I don't do too many of them even cutting, just started out about a month ago with making compound christmas ornaments and a couple of chess sets. Thanks though!

38 minutes ago, amazingkevin said:

Hi Chris,Show us the ropes of how you went about making and designing you when you do a "Works in progress " if you like!

Thanks as far as making the designs not going to happen have tried, but as far as if or when I get the patterns I will for sure show progress.