EX 16 GREASING OR OILING?

Sam777

Good morning group,

I have an EX 16 that I've had for about 1-1/2 years. When I bought it, it looked like it was never used. I use it about 6-8 hours per week.

I never got a manual for it. Should I be greasing or oiling its bearings. Is there any maintenance guide specific to EX?

Thanks to all 

Sam

No you shouldn't, the bearings are sealed and greasing them will do no good. And other then the trunnions  I've never seen a place on the saw, that requires grease or oil on the saw. I've owned my Ex saw for seven  years, and I've never greased or oiled any part of it except for the trunnions. It has worked the very best over the years, and it's still working fine.

Len

Edited by Lucky2

22 hours ago, Lucky2 said:

No you shouldn't, the bearings are sealed and greasing them will do no good. And other then the trunnions  I've never seen a place on the saw, that requires grease or oil on the saw. I've owned my Ex saw for seven  years, and I've never greased or oiled any part of it except for the trunnions. It has worked the very best over the years, and it's still working fine.

Len

Thank you Len.

I appreciate your reply

52 minutes ago, tonylumps said:

Sam. If you check on page 20 of the user manual you will see that the bearings are roller and sleeve .take one apart and check the condition of the sleeve .It should be fine ,but check anyway

Yeah, I was pretty sure they had the roller needle / sleeve bearings.. just like the DeWalts do.. I know my bearings when I see them.. worked in a bearing supply shop for 2 years as a teenager in high school.. LOL back then most wasn't made in china though.. 

5 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Yeah, I was pretty sure they had the roller needle / sleeve bearings.. just like the DeWalts do.. I know my bearings when I see them.. worked in a bearing supply shop for 2 years as a teenager in high school.. LOL back then most wasn't made in china though.. 

Like I said ,my saw is about 5 years old and I bought it used.Ihad some time on my hands ,so I decided to check the bearings because of the Dewalt bearing problems.They were OK but cleaned and greased anyway

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 0:08 PM, tonylumps said:

Like I said ,my saw is about 5 years old and I bought it used.Ihad some time on my hands ,so I decided to check the bearings because of the Dewalt bearing problems.They were OK but cleaned and greased anyway

Never hurts to check and get to know the saw inside out.