Jeff Zaffino?

• 3 weeks later...
Last I heard he got into a bit of trouble and has closed down for a while...

Does anyone know what kind of trouble? I bought several of his patterns. My favorite I've done of his was "Christ Ascending", which ironically, I didn't buy, but was offered as a free pattern on his site. However, for a long time I was a little leary of his work. There was many of his patterns that were on other sites listed as someone else's designs. I'm not accusing him, I just didn't know who stole who's work. With those kind of concerns, I just sort of stayed away from his patterns for a while. Then he just dissappeared.

I surely hate to hear all this. I met Jeff at a Branson picnic and he is a very nice guy as well as a very talented pattern maker and scrollsawer. We will all lose if he doesn't make it back.

WOW! I had no idea this thread would open up like this. I agree that I seen some patterns on his site that were made by a very talented designer. After all I've heard though, I just can't help but to be skeptical of who exactly that designer was. I also hate to assume the guy is guilty. I think I'd rather fall to the side of caution though and deal woth someone else until all his legal troubles are sorted out.

I'm in line after FD Mike! He didn't pay me either but he continued to sell my patterns and wouldn't take them off his site. Who knows how much he owes me?

Sheila

He also forgot to pay his bills. I am still waiting.

FD Mike

And these two statements make me more leary than the other accusations simply because they are first hand knowledge from two people that I know for a FACT are honest, hard working people.

I feel bad for the guy. I have no idea if he did wrong or not. My opinion is though that I don't want to do business with him. If nothing more, just for my feelings at this point of how he done Mike and Sheila. I have a motto that I live and breath. The three most important things in life that make a man a man is honesty, hard work, and respect, in that order.

I watched my grandfather do at least a million dollars worth of work in his life on nothing more than a handshake. He was a real man, the kind of man I thrive to be. I don't do dishonest business, either from the giveing or recieving end.

The other side of the coin now. I know it is hard at times to live by those three qualities I listed. I can't begin to tell you the times I have been burned in my life by doing the right thing, both financially and mentally. Some times though, you just have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keeping plugging along. I know Sheila understands what I'm saying. I follow her over at Lumberjocks too. I bring up her to show a point here. The woodworking world on the internet begins to become a very small world. There are people out there that think because people can't look you in the eye on the interent (not accusseing, just making a point) that you can stab them in the back. They need to realize though that this small world we call the "net", dishonesty will still catch up to you. Dishonesty is dishonesty. It doesn't matter if it's performed in the virtual world or the real one.

***Mike and Sheila, I'm apologize that the two of you were done that way. I, for one, really appreciate what you two have done for the scrolling world.I have ordered many blades from Mike. He is by far the best I have ever done business with through the internet. If you've never ordered blades from Mike, give him a try. You will not be disappointed. As for Sheila, I've never ordered patterns from her. I have directed other people to check out her work, but I've just never found any of her pattern to be what I was looking for at the time. I have however seen so much of her work in magazines and various websites though. She is very much as talented as whatever artist make the patterns on the site we've been discussing. Myself, I like complicated patterns. I continued to check out her work and will most likely wind up finding something of hers that I want. In the meantime, please keep up the great work. I have two friends right off the top of my head that do order your patterns and love them. You are a talented artist in your own right and do not need to let someone like that bring you down.

Sheila, do you have a website where one can order directly from you?