SSWC Magazine ...old copies are on sale..

Scrolling Steve

For anyone who might be interested..Fox chapel has it's old issues on sale for two dollars each if you buy 5 copies....I have been wanting to get my hands on a 2012 issue #47......it was easy for me to browse and find other copies of interest....just thought i would pass this along....Steve

PS. The issues are usually 7.00 bucks each....I got 5 issues for 17.95 (including shipping )

Edited by Scrolling Steve

A while back, I found that I was missing an issue. I am a subscriber so I called to ask whether I could purchase a missing copy. They graciously offered to just send it to me. I said thanks and went on my way. About an hour later, as I was cleaning up the top of my desk, I found that missing copy. So, I called them and told them to put that shipment on hold as I no longer needed it. They fell all over themselves thanking me for calling. They are a wonderful organization and they are committed to our hobbies of woodworking and carving. Thanks Fox Chapel Publishing.

Ray

I'm signed up for emails of special offers.. I had planned to buy a bunch of puzzle patterns from Iggy.. but with the discount they offered me.. well for just a few penny's  less than $100 I got the full CD set of 445? puzzle patterns.. Since I wanted to give some of the puzzles a try I figured this was a cheap way to get a lot of patterns.. I figured if nothing else.. and I don't like doing the puzzles.. I can make clocks and ornaments out of the patterns by slightly modifying them..  Iggy still has a few I'd like to buy if I get into doing the puzzles..

17 hours ago, spirithorse said:

Thanks for the info, Steve, and thanks to Melanie for the link.

Can anyone suggest the best issues or best projects from particular issues, please?
I know one issue had a kayaking moose that lots of people thought was cute. Anyone know what issue that was?
God Bless! Spirithorse

The kayaking moose was in a special e-issue and not a printed magazine.  Here is the link:

https://foxchapelpublishing.com/scroll-saw-woodworking-crafts-holiday-pattern-collection-2014.html

19 hours ago, Scrolling Steve said:

For anyone who might be interested..Fox chapel has it's old issues on sale for two dollars each if you buy 5 copies....I have been wanting to get my hands on a 2012 issue #47......it was easy for me to browse and find other copies of interest....just thought i would pass this along....Steve

PS. The issues are usually 7.00 bucks each....I got 5 issues for 17.95 (including shipping )

I did the test cutting on the puzzle boxes that are on the cover of issue 47. Talk about a lesson on making sure the blade is absolutely square to the table and not pushing sideways when cutting. 

On 12/21/2017 at 2:26 PM, meflick said:

Thanks for sharing Steve.

Went to check it out here: https://foxchapelpublishing.com - scroll over the top red "Special Offers" area and it will give you a popup with the code.  See the screen captures attached. 

5a3c0c0c5cbe7_ScreenShot2017-12-21at2_29_51PM.thumb.png.c810b333a4bd356b10df1d680e42fafb.png

5a3c0c1abb873_ScreenShot2017-12-21at2_29_34PM.thumb.png.becd9e9f2543321905f10aaf5d4499f6.png

Thank you Melanie,too bad my magazine are buried behind a lot of wood but in boxes from the last move.i won't know which ones I'm missing.

I had previously purchased their CDs of back issues but they only go up to a certain point. Then when I started up with the saw in Mid-2016, I subscribed. I had some copies of a few I had bought in the store over the years so I tried to "fill in" with the ones I was missing in-between the CDs and when I subscribed.  They arrived yesterday. Will enjoy reviewing them all to see what I missed.:)