Question about Featured Items in Gallery?

Frank Pellow

7 hours ago, hotshot said:

My perception is that the featured items are just the last few items folks have added to their gallery.  Try adding something new to your personal gallery, and see if it don't show up there.

I added something today and it showed up in der New Items;  but not under Featured Items.  As far as I can remember, nothing that I have ever put into my gallery has appeared in Featured Items.

Edited by Frank Pellow

That's a feature I need to fix.  It was a part of the older software where featured items were handpicked.  They were either interesting or cool projects that are fun to highlight.  It was basically a way to show off what can be done with a scroll saw to encourage new visitors to browse through user galleries.  Back in the olden days of last summer, it was easy to feature a gallery item.  Nowadays, it's a little more cumbersome and I have'n' updated it for quite some time.  The problem is that the old Featured items don't drop off over time, so I gotta manually remove them.  I'll have to look at my options.  I either need to remove it or start doing it again and put more energy behind maintaining it...which it tough.

19 hours ago, Travis said:

That's a feature I need to fix.  It was a part of the older software where featured items were handpicked.  They were either interesting or cool projects that are fun to highlight.  It was basically a way to show off what can be done with a scroll saw to encourage new visitors to browse through user galleries.  Back in the olden days of last summer, it was easy to feature a gallery item.  Nowadays, it's a little more cumbersome and I have'n' updated it for quite some time.  The problem is that the old Featured items don't drop off over time, so I gotta manually remove them.  I'll have to look at my options.  I either need to remove it or start doing it again and put more energy behind maintaining it...which it tough.

Thanks Travis.  I thought it might be something like that.