Can any of you Hegner guys tell me about this saw?

OCtoolguy

Hi Ray, the model info is on the silver tag on the second picture behind the motor also on that tag should be the year it was made.  I would check with the seller to see if he or she could get you a nice picture of that plate and see if this have is a multi-speed. Mine says it's a Multi Max and I'm assuming that means it's a multi speed. Also I'm unable to see if the dust collector is on that one. It looks like it has the quick clamp on it already which is a huge plus in my book.

I've only had mine since New Years Eve so I'm pretty new at it. I'm sure one of the old timers (haha) can give you more info that what I've said.

Good luck

Jim

Well it is an older model, no disc insert on the table.  The table you see is on top of the real table.  An Auxiliary table.  Not sure it is a variable  speed.  Looks like a 16" model, just guessing on that from the looks could be a bigger one.  It does have the tension release up front on the top arm.  Has the Quick clamp (an important option).  Has the optional bracket to hold the mag light. I just put one on mine today.. nice option, I hope...  Foot pedal included, that is a must in my book..  If it runs smooth and quiet, appear to be in good shape... only seeing it in person can tell.  My opinion is any Hegner is better than no Hegner at all..... Okay, I just made that up.  But I love the Hegner saws. 

Edited by Scrappile

It is not that old because of the quick blade release Can not tell what size 18 or 22. The blower hose was changed to take the articulating hose. Not sure when they started including that. The hose just use to come through the upper arm. Not sure if that was an add-on for the light because I have never seen that. Did not come with the older ones. Either way these run 1200 to 1600 new so if the motor runs well and you can check it out maybe worth looking into. They are a production professional saw. Made to last and have not changed much over the years. A little different blade system than most but easy to get use to. Plenty of room underneath which is what I like about them. That is an auxilary table top he put on it. Good luck. 

It doesn't have the Zig Zag spring, so it is newer than mine.  It has the front quick tensioner which is a major positive.  It already has the QuickClamp, though they are not expensive, it is still nice..  The last Item I would look for is the speed control.  If it is a VS, then it might be a good deal, depending on price.  

Edited by hotshot

I think it looks nice. If the price is right, and it runs well, buy it and you will likely be very happy.

Tony mentioned that it might not be a variable speed version, which would be a bit of a concern but not a deal breaker for me. (I just wouldn't spend quite as much on it) I could be wrong, but I think the single speed hegners are 14" or 16", the auxiliary table gives the appearance that this one is bigger, so you might be in luck.

Let us know what you find out!

Ok, to update, I just bought the saw in question. All I have to do now is drive a 5 hour round trip to San Diego and back. We did the deal completely by messaging and he guarantees the condition and operation to be "perfect". The saw belonged to his uncle and he used it primarily to make toys for the kids. I can't wait to get it home and play with it. Thanks again for all the help on this one. I'll keep you all updated.

Ray

Well, today I drove to San Diego and picked up my Hegner. All I can say is I GOT LUCKY. This saw is like new. A bit dirty/dusty but it will clean up like new. The wood table cover must have been on it since it was new because I looked under it and the table hasn't got a mark on it. I got a magnifier light and the Hegner foot pedal switch. I am ecstatic to say the least. The motor is absolutely soundless and the saw works like a brand new one. I guess anyway. It's so quiet and smooth I can't wait to try it out. We got home after driving all day and I was too tired to even unload it. So tomorrow will be a fun day. And the weather here could not be more perfect. It was up to 89 degrees down where we went and we took the scenic route home along the ocean through all the little towns. I'll attach a couple of pics. Thanks again to all of you who helped me decide on this saw. I love it.

Ray

20180113_143634.jpg

20180113_145302.jpg

20180113_145308.jpg

Really happy for you, Ray.  I think after some getting use to it, you will love the saw.  I sure do mine.  Also a beautiful trip you went on,  I have done it a couple time, the only way it can get more beautiful is to continue on up through the Oregon coast. Washington coast is beautiful but you don't get to see much of it from the highway.