Hawk 226 VS (2004 model) Dust

3Dface

41 minutes ago, Rockytime said:

About six miles from my home in North Dakota there is the Whitestone Battlefield. General Sully came from Minnesota and massacred many women and children after they were rounded up in a coulee from which they could not escape. Most of the braves escaped. Sully then destroyed over one million pounds of buffalo meat and hides. Everything was destroyed. In the twelve years I spent in school nothing was ever taught about it. People visited the place. There was a very nice small museum and picnic area and a monument with a small plaque. I went back to visit there about ten years ago and took lots of pictures. When I returned home I Googled the site and finally learned what it was all about. Wish I had been told the significance when I was a youngster.

Les, when we were out on the road, we spent a couple of months up in the Custer S.D. area. We went to both the Mt. Rushmore and the Crazy Horse monuments. After going to Crazy Horse and doing some reading and listening to lectures, both my wife Barb and I came away with a whole new understanding of how badly the Indians got screwed by the U.S. government. I'm ashamed for what we as a nation did to those people.

Howdy folks,

You are exactly right, Mr. Les.👍 And shortly thereafter, there were several smaller, weaker tribes completely wiped out. The main reason for the extermination of the American Indian was nothing more than political greed itself. The white man had already set foot in the Indian Territories and was trapping, mapping, surveying, and looking over the lay of the land. They didn't anticipate the retaliation they would meet in attempting to take over what is now the United States. 

There were many different tribes throughout the different parts of the country. In the West their were the Arapaho, Cheyenne, The Sioux, the Brule' Sioux, the Northern Sioux, the Southern Sioux, The Black Feet, Caddo, Cree, Crow, Dakota, Hidatsu, Iowa, Kansa, Kiowa, Kiowa - Apache, Kitsai, Lakota, Mandan, Metis, Missouri, Nakota, Omaha, Osage, Otoe, Pawnee, Ponca, Sarsi, Sutai, Tonkawa, and the Wichita. 

In the South there were the Apache, Navajo, Pueblo, Hopi, Yuman, Zuni, Tohono O'odham, and the Mojave.

In the Southeast, there were tribes such as the Acolapissa, Asis, Alinamu, Apalachee, Biloxi, Cherokee, Chesapeake, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, Powhatan, Seminole, Tuscarora, just to name a few.

In the Plains, there were tribes like the Comanche, Arapahoe, Blackfoot, Cheyenne, Cree, Crow, Dakota Sioux, Iowa, Lakota Sioux, Missouri, Osage, and some of the worst, the Pawnee.

Some of these tribes were warlike tribes, some weren't. Every tribe had their own territory, and everyone knew the boundaries, as well as knew the consequences if they were caught outside of those boundaries. Every tribe had their own laws to abide by, their own way of life, and their own harmony amongst their tribe. 

When the white eyes set foot onto these territories, and discovered the vast amount of wildlife, furs to be trapped, and the discovery of gold in various parts of California and Nevada, New Mexico, and Silver in Arizona, more and more white people began to move out onto the frontier from both the east and west.

Unbeknownst to the Indian, they were slowly losing control of the lands they had control of for centuries. War after war took place. The Government sent several regiments of troops in all directions to annihilate every tribe that interfered with expansion in anyway. Those were their direct orders from the President. Look it up! As time went on, forts were built, more white settlements were coming into the Indian territory all the time. Then the railroad, then the buffalo hunters, on and on. The tribes that weren't being destroyed by soldiers, were dying from starvation and whiteman diseases that they had no way to fight.

Then came the uprising of Crazy horse, Sitting Bull, Geronimo, and many others. Then the Massacre at Wounded Knee. There were over 3,000 Sioux killed in that Massacre including Standing Bear, Thunderheart, Little Wolf, all great Chiefs of the Sioux tribe. 

After this, the treaties that had been broken, land taken away, herds of buffalo killed, then came the Battle of Little BigHorn. Every Northern tribe gathered. Tribes from the south gathered for the battle.Northeastern tribes came together with other tribes to converge into a massive "army of warriors" that Custer and his scouts had no idea was even building until they found the encampment of American Indians along the Bozeman river. When Custer begin to put his military plan in action, his calculations were to flank the encampment from four sides with troops and annihilate the entire encampment. Men, women, and children. Custer's orders to his men were to leave to NO survivors! What Custer hadn't anticipated were all the scouts the tribal leaders had in place around the outside of the encampment. 

Custer's troops were spotted and reported to the tribal leaders, and plans were put in place to stop the aggression at all cost. Which was easily done because Custer and his commanding officers were brought to their knees by surprise attacks from all directions by the scouts that had informed the Tribal Leaders of Custer's locations, and warriors were placed in waiting until Custer and his command walked into the warriors. Several of Custer's troops were wiped out in these surprise attacks, and the encampment was protected. This information is not written anywhere in anything to do with the Battle of the Little BigHorn. Extensive reading about Custer himself, and other American Indian battles brought this information to light for me.

Later in the week, the actual Battle of The Big Horn finally took place on the hillside of what is now known as the burial grounds of the Battle of the Little Bighorn. What Whiteman's history does not tell us is facts and truth. All the studies, wonderin' around up there lookin' for bullets, arrows, bodies, measurements, all that jazz, still doesn't point back to the original point of the Battle in the first place. And nowhere in all the reading & studying I have done over the years, does it proclaim the actual cause for the Battle because our Government, to this day, is not willing to admit to the fact that their own greed was the cause of the Battle.

The reasons for breaking their own treaties, the reasoning for creating starvation for all these tribes that were here long before we were. Not to sound prejudice, on account of I am Part Cherokee, and proud of it, but the fact of the matter comes back to TRUTH, and it is written in our own History. You have to do a lot of indepth reading about the Bighorn, the American Indian, and begin reading the proclamations and treaties that were put in place at that time. Your understanding of what took place will become more clear. What's more, if you continue to follow those proclamations, you will find some of them are are still on the books today in Washington. And then ya stand and scratch your head and wonder why we have such a screwed up system?  Not only in History, but in politics as well, and if you go back to the era of the Battle of the Little Bighorn and understanding of what you're reading to find it.  The truth of the matter is nothing more than GREED!

That's all I have to say about that. My apologies for the rant, but when it comes to History, that is where my knowledge prevails. I hope you all enjoy the "rant" and got to know a little more about the "real me" a little better, and why I create the projects I do.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to read my post. I sincerely appreciate your time.

Brad.

Mr. Les, 

You're very welcome, my friend. I hope this finds You and Miss Faye doing well, Sir. and I also hope you enjoyed my post, Sir. I admit, it was a bit long, and this probably ain't the place or the time for that sort of conversation, but, it kinda goes a long with my dreamcatchers, feathers, and other creations I make, Sir. 

Brad.