Using PVC for Dust Sucker....:+}

danny

4 hours ago, Rockytime said:

I'd like to have a couple for my table saw. Unfortunately my saw is a collapsible Kobalt saw from Lowes and has a cast aluminum table. They would work on my Band Saw. I will buy some if my ship comes in before my pier collapses! :roll:

No problem Les. Just buy the ones made for aluminum. Not sure what they are called? LOL!!

Ray

18 hours ago, Rockytime said:

Rolf, what is the coupling with the screw in it? I don't recall seeing an animal like that.

Les, he explains it somewhere in his posts. It's a PVC union for joining two pipes together and making it a joint that can be taken apart. I had to look at it too to see why the screw was there. One half of the union might be glued to the PVC on the bottom but the top piece swivels and if done enough times in might make the union clamp come loose so he put a "set screw" in that clamp piece to keep it from turning. I hope I did a decent job of explanation.

Ray

Ray you explained it perfectly.:) I did not glue any of the joints they are all nice and snug and I may change things as I go along.  Regarding the union it was unscrewing just a bit every time I swung the tube out of the way, the screw is just tight enough to prevent that. The union also has an O ring in it.

One change I may make is to bring the bottom collector tube around to the right side, as it is now it may interfere with the left side down table tilt. I have not tilted the table with this system yet. This potential  issue was pointed out on the SSWWC forum.

Edited by Rolf