I can not seem to add an image to my gallery

Frank, I just gave it a try going from "Community" to "Gallery" and following the steps, and it worked.  It is a little more cumbersome than it use to be, seem like more required steps.  I am using a Mac computer.  Now I can't seem to delete the picture I just loaded!  Maybe @Travis needs to check it out.  It looked like it deleted but when I go back to my album it is still there.  So I thought I would add credits and description and it wouldn't let me because the content was gone,,,, I still see the picture.

Edited by Scrappile

6 hours ago, Frank Pellow said:

There is new software to do this and I think that I entered everything properly, but when I click the button in the bottom right, my image just does not seem to get loaded.

I tried this with one image on three different days.

Hmmm...When you click the plus button and select the image, it doesn't auto-upload (I've included an example below)?  Have you tried another image?  Maybe there's something wrong with the image.  Maybe it's too big?  I think we have a 2.5mb size limit.  Try rescaling it and see if that works.  You can also send me the image (travis[at]scrollsawvillage.com) and I can take a look.

image.png

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

It is a little more cumbersome than it use to be, seem like more required steps.

What did you find more cumbersome?  What would work better?  (I'm not challenging you, I'm truly interested.  I want to get SSV to be as easy as possible.  A website that's hard to use is no use to anybody.)

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

It looked like it deleted but when I go back to my album it is still there. 

Was it the fishing lure picture?  I'm looking at your gallery and I'm not seeing it.  Is it still there for you?  Could you send me a screenshot?  I'm still trying to figure out the quirks of the new upgrade and trying to track down the bugs.

@Travis It just seem to have more steps than before, and thinks the screen to add a picture, the is just a big "+" sign, a look for something that say "Upload picture" or Add Picture" to click and than select the picture, just what I an use to from other places.  I am able to figure it out and after a few more times it will be easy for me.  The Delete image option is sorta hard to find.  I had to really look for it.  In the "manage image" drop down, then select "edit detail" then find the garbage can... Edit detail to me, means edit the detail like comment, description, pattern designer, etc.  I'd like to click on manage image, then as part of the drop down have remove image option and edit detail where you actually edit the details i mentioned. 

The picture I am trying to delete is the segmented bowl with the scrolled animals on it, first picture in my Scrappile Scrolling album.  Is still there.  Could that be related to the fact that when you add a picture in an album it creates a post in the forum that announces it and they are tied together so it can't delete the picture??  I know nothing....about this stuff. 

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll see if there's anything I can change.  Many times, I'm limited by how the software is designed, but I can do a few tweeks.

4 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Could that be related to the fact that when you add a picture in an album it creates a post in the forum that announces it and they are tied together so it can't delete the picture??

When you post a pic in the Gallery, it doesn't auto-post in the forum.  You have to do that manually.  You might not be able to delete a picture in general.  An admin would have to do that.  If you link me to the picture, I can remove it for you.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Frank Pellow said:

Travis, it still does not work for me.  Everything seems to be working Ok as I add an image and describe it.

BUT, when I try to select the 'Submit all images' button nothing happens.

I'm attaching a screen snapshot that shows the situation.

1189725579_Tryingtopostanimagetogallery.thumb.jpg.3372b4a2904debbbcc8de5b717f7f48c.jpg

Which browser are you using?  Are you on mobile or desktop? 

Can you PM me the image?