Saw not cutting

woodb03

Hi I am new to this site but not to scroll saws. Not sure if this is the right place to post this question or not I didn't see a repair or trouble shooting category. I have several scrolls in my shop, but there is one that is old and I love using it. Its a Dremel 1571. I pulled it out to use yesterday to cut basic 1/4" wood (birch plywood). Put a new blade on and turned it on. It seems to be working fine but it would not cut the wood. I tried 4 other new blade all different tpi and none would cut. It kind of seems like the blade is not moving up and down as much as my other saws, but I never really paid much attention to that before because it has always cut 1/4" wood before with no problem. Blade is in right (not upside down) I am feeding the wood in slowly and just goes in about a 1/4" or so and it becomes hard to feed the board. The saw doesn't seem to bog down or anything just doesn't want to cut it. Any ideas or thoughts would be great. Thanks

e394a172359d1142a6b320851b75600b.jpg

I had that problem when I first started scrolling. I would cut 1" pine. The blade would cut very nicely then stop. Releasing pressure against the blade for a moment and the blade would cut again. Advice from this forum said I needed to use a skip tooth blade so the sawdust would discharge rather than plugging up the teeth. Problem solved for me.

Well The problem is solved. fordamir was right, kind of. The eccentric was to tight. I replaced the bolts on it because I took it apart to clean it real good and one bolt went missing. So I replaced them all because I wanted them to all be the same (I'm weird that way} And I must of over tighten them. But thank you again for all your feed back and help.