Final Prep for Biggest Event of Year

Iguanadon

One week from tomorrow I load up the PuzzleMobile and head to Cary, NC for the 42nd annual Lazy Daze event.  Over 350 arts and crafts vendors gathered in one place.  It's 9 hours long Saturday and 4 1/2 hours Sunday.

This will be my second year doing it and I have set a goal of selling 200 puzzles.  I sold 153 last year, but the first day I wasn't able to set up the way I prefer, but this year I rented 2 spaces in order to maximize sales.  We'll see if it pans out.  Of course, weather will be the biggest factor and so far, the 10 day forecast looks decent.  We'll see if it holds true.

I'm still cutting in preparation for it and I'll take a final inventory count in a few days to see exactly how many puzzles I'll be taking with me, but I know it'll be in the 500-600 range.

Silly me, I signed up for another decent sized event the following Saturday... UGH!  But I'm taking vacation from the day job the week in between so that I can replenish my stock based on what I sell at Lazy Daze.

Fingers crossed for good weather.

Iggy

IMG_20180816_090633.jpg

Oh, and I guess in a way this is a good thing... It's been so rainy this summer I've missed 3 or 4 of my weekly farmers markets.  It of course has hurt my wallet, but at least I've been able to increase my stockpile, especially since my other side business is taking up a lot of my time right now.

You are a true glutton for punishment. But, I guess that's because you are still young. Once you reach the age that most of us are at, you'll be happy to get one project at a time done and finished. I'd also love to know how you work in the "honey-do's" with all your scrolling. My wife is always finding something for me to do. Ugh!

3 hours ago, octoolguy said:

You are a true glutton for punishment. But, I guess that's because you are still young. Once you reach the age that most of us are at, you'll be happy to get one project at a time done and finished. I'd also love to know how you work in the "honey-do's" with all your scrolling. My wife is always finding something for me to do. Ugh!

I'm feeling older every day Ray.  🙂  Day job, puzzle zombie, map/advertising business, landlord and honey-do list do-er... It keeps me pretty busy but only during daylight hours.  LOL

12 hours ago, Iguanadon said:

I'm feeling older every day Ray.  🙂  Day job, puzzle zombie, map/advertising business, landlord and honey-do list do-er... It keeps me pretty busy but only during daylight hours.  LOL

Hey Iggy, i have good news for you then (or maybe not depending on how you look at it 😉)  - if it only keeps you busy during "daylight hours" - you will get some relieve at some point since we have started having less and less daylight now that we are moving on towards Fall and Winter.  So less work for you perhaps. (Either that, or less time to do the work in so making you even busier 🤔😯)

4 hours ago, meflick said:

Hey Iggy, i have good news for you then (or maybe not depending on how you look at it 😉)  - if it only keeps you busy during "daylight hours" - you will get some relieve at some point since we have started having less and less daylight now that we are moving on towards Fall and Winter.  So less work for you perhaps. (Either that, or less time to do the work in so making you even busier 🤔😯)

I'm not sure whether to thank you or to condemn you!

Good news, the front of my map is completely sold for 2019 as of this morning!  Only a few spaces remaining on the back and I have plenty of time to sign businesses for my Pleasure Island Guide.  Selling out the front of the map was a big milestone in just a few days of selling.

2019 Sample1.jpg

2019 Sample3.jpg

page01.jpg

Scott,

Hope you do really well at the show! Looks like you have a new display!

Btw, good decision on our part to cancel out. We're still getting orders from the Berea, KY show we did mid July. In fact

a record number of state wildlife puzzles were sold. And the orders keep coming!.

Keep us informed about Cary.

bb

49 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Scott,

Hope you do really well at the show! Looks like you have a new display!

Btw, good decision on our part to cancel out. We're still getting orders from the Berea, KY show we did mid July. In fact

a record number of state wildlife puzzles were sold. And the orders keep coming!.

Keep us informed about Cary.

bb

That's another reason I set a goal of 200... I don't have the puzzle master from Georgia there to take all the puzzle business.  😉 

Congrats on the flow of orders.  I'll let you know things go.  The weather looks like it's going to be agreeable.  I hope the forecast holds.

19 hours ago, 3Dface said:

Holy guano Batman!!!!

It is taking almost all my free time to shoot for 150 projects to take and hope to sell at my first show. I can't even wrap my head around 500-600!

My hope for you is to sell all you take over the 2 shows.

Yeah, mine are just simple little puzzles.  They don't count as "projects".  🙂