DeWalt 788 on sale at Grizzly

Iguanadon

20 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

I like the way you think Kevin. I'm sure you have Scott thinking now.

Ray, little story about me and my wheeling and dealing, LOL... I don't remember doing this but my parents tell the story all the time... I was the youngest of 7 boys... when I was about 4-5 ish years old I saved my allowance.. and my older bothers (oldest ones was teens and just driving) .. anyway.. they always spent all their money.. and I was always saving for that big expensive toy.. so before next allowance or their payday... at least one brother would be broke and want to borrow money for something.. i became the bank to them and caught on quickly.. they would borrow my money but they had to pay me back with a few extra $$ for the borrowing opportunity.. If one brother declined that deal another would bite on it before the next allowance came around.. My dad says I made like $100 or so in just a few months loaning money and making them pay extra back.. so.. just a little history about me and wheeling and dealing... LOL like I said.. I think I was born this way... Not too many deals in my life where I didn't figure out a way to come out ahead on deals.. yeah I've bought things that once I got them realized I'd have a hard time getting my money back... somehow I always manage to figure a way to do it..   

4 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Ray, little story about me and my wheeling and dealing, LOL... I don't remember doing this but my parents tell the story all the time... I was the youngest of 7 boys... when I was about 4-5 ish years old I saved my allowance.. and my older bothers (oldest ones was teens and just driving) .. anyway.. they always spent all their money.. and I was always saving for that big expensive toy.. so before next allowance or their payday... at least one brother would be broke and want to borrow money for something.. i became the bank to them and caught on quickly.. they would borrow my money but they had to pay me back with a few extra $$ for the borrowing opportunity.. If one brother declined that deal another would bite on it before the next allowance came around.. My dad says I made like $100 or so in just a few months loaning money and making them pay extra back.. so.. just a little history about me and wheeling and dealing... LOL like I said.. I think I was born this way... Not too many deals in my life where I didn't figure out a way to come out ahead on deals.. yeah I've bought things that once I got them realized I'd have a hard time getting my money back... somehow I always manage to figure a way to do it..   

I'm very much the same way. I guess that's why I was quite successful in the mobile tool sales business for almost 40 years. I still want to read Trump's The Art of the Deal. I'm going to before I die.

I have the most helpful friends ever out here!!!  It's so nice of you guys wanting to help me out with this saw.  LOL

Kevin, they're kids books, but some time when you're bored you should look into a series of books called "The Great Brain".  Absolutely my all time favorites from when I was a kid.  Written from the perspective of the younger brother telling stories about his scam artist older brother.  Absolutely fabulous.  And yes, I think you and I may be twins separated at birth.  😉

13 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

love your story.. When the little brother outsmarts the older ones.  I had a guy in my  Army squad that used to loan money.  He set his fee pretty high but to make sure he got his money, he would demand they give him some collateral item that was worth a lot more then the borrowed money. He would give them one day after pay day to pay him back and then he would sell the collateral item for what was owed him. It worked really well, as I have no doubt he would have sold the item as he said he would but I do not remember ever hearing of him having to do so.

Dick

heppnerguy 

48 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

love your story.. When the little brother outsmarts the older ones.  I had a guy in my  Army squad that used to loan money.  He set his fee pretty high but to make sure he got his money, he would demand they give him some collateral item that was worth a lot more then the borrowed money. He would give them one day after pay day to pay him back and then he would sell the collateral item for what was owed him. It worked really well, as I have no doubt he would have sold the item as he said he would but I do not remember ever hearing of him having to do so.

Dick

heppnerguy 

The secret to making that work Dick...make friends with the biggest guy in the group. An enforcer so to speak.

19 hours ago, Heli_av8tor said:

I couldn't resist Grizzly's price either.

Plus I got an additional 10% Veterans Discount.

High and welcome to SSV. Congrats on the new saw. You won't be disappointed in the Dewalt. You may want to invest in the Pegas clamp set for it though. I am toying with putting a set on mine after doing it with my EX and finding out just how great they are. Anyway, welcome and keep on posting as you go along.