well wouldnt ya know it....

tomsteve

welp, the saga continues. i tried calling the local post office for 2 hours yesterday morning. apparently answering the phone isnt in their contract.

no delivery of a package so up to the post office.

"you dont have a PO box??"

"never have had one,too."

"ot wasnt delivered today?"

"i wouldnt be here if it was."

15 minutes later:"let me get your phone number. our computer is saying the same thing-that its at a PO box but we dont see anything. it might be on the truck out for delivery and was missed."

if i dont have it today i think the USPS is going to eat some money for a package that was supposed to be delivered on the 10th. think ive been patient enough.

Edited by tomsteve

5 minutes ago, tomsteve said:

welp, the saga continues. i tried calling the local post office for 2 hours yesterday morning. apparently answering the phone isnt in their contract.

no delivery of a package so up to the post office.

"you dont have a PO box??"

"never have had one,too."

"ot wasnt delivered today?"

"i wouldnt be here if it was."

15 minutes later:"let me get your phone number. our computer is saying the same thing-that its at a PO box but we dont see anything. it might be on the truck out for delivery and was missed."

if i dont have it today i think the USPS is going to eat some money for a package that was supposed to be delivered on the 10th. think ive been patient enough.

I believe they will make you wait 2 weeks before allowing a claim.  Sorry.

19 hours ago, octoolguy said:

I'd be on the phone to the shipper. It's their responsibility to provide what you ordered. Tell them to ship another set. Overnight if necessary. Or, at least call your credit card company and have them hold the payment and then order from Qtena in California. Better price anyway.

funny thing about the phone of the shipper:the local post office doesnt answer the phone. i called the 800 number yesterday. after a bit of waiting i get,"you were given the wrong tracking number."

sooo, first thing this morning i decide that IF the clamps dont come in the mail today im going to order up from the link kev supplied. shot a message to bear woods about returns, then happened to take a look at my email and wouldnt ya know it- i have an email from usps sayin my package is at the local post office and being delivered today.

we shall see!

48 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Yeah, the packaging is so nice, I am trying to figure out a use for it. I can't just toss it.

The quickest way to find out what it would be good for is to throw it out.  Within a couple days after the garbage it picked up you will find something you really wish you had it for.😣

5 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

The quickest way to find out what it would be good for is to throw it out.  Within a couple days after the garbage it picked up you will find something you really wish you had it for.😣

Absolutely the truth Paul. That's why I have so much unneeded crap laying around. I'm a person who hates to toss something that might be of use. Even if that use never materializes.

welp, put em on last night and have about 5 hours of scrolling with them so far. ive read people saying they remove/smooth out vibration in the excaliber but i dont notice that. what i do notice is blade changes are a lot quicker. pretty nice to be able to see into the clamp. the blade clamps seem easier to get to and i dont need the wood knob i added on my old ones.

more dust to make on this nice sunny fall day!

2 hours ago, tomsteve said:

welp, put em on last night and have about 5 hours of scrolling with them so far. ive read people saying they remove/smooth out vibration in the excaliber but i dont notice that. what i do notice is blade changes are a lot quicker. pretty nice to be able to see into the clamp. the blade clamps seem easier to get to and i dont need the wood knob i added on my old ones.

more dust to make on this nice sunny fall day!

If you didn't have much vibration before, chances are you won't notice any change in that department. I didn't either but what I found that did help a lot was to put that foam rubber flooring under all four feet of my stand. That pretty much took all vibration away. I'm referring to what they call "anti-fatigue" mats. I have done the entire floor of my small shop with them. So nice, easy to keep clean and no vibration.

10 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

Hi. Tony. I'm interested in dewalt blade clamps that are better. Tell me more!!! krippelkevin@yahoo.com

Kevin, all I can say is this.....I bought a set for my EX21 and I love them. I am toying with buying a set for my Dewalt if I decide to keep it. Probably will. Anyway, I'm thinking that if I do buy a set, I might just buy the ones for the EX and put them on the Dewalt. I like the tension lever. It works very smoothly. I can see setting the tension wheel/lever on the Dewalt and leaving it set at that point and just using the tension lever that is on the EX clamps. I think that would be far easier than the way you set the tension on the Dewalt. I realize you have become very accustomed to doing it the Dewalt way so it might not work out for you but having two saws both tensioning the same way would be a big benefit for me. If you do decide to buy a set, you won't be disappointed.