Another "Finishing Question"

danny

Hoping to read posts Pro or Con on using Spray Poly Shades.  It is a Stain and Polyurethane in a Spray can.

My Very First Thoughts was Wow!  Just Spray and wait to dry.             Look Forward to Reading your Comments.   Thanks       Danny  :+}

IMHO stain and finishes mixed are just a  translucent paint. The stain doesn't strike into the timber so any small scratches etc will show the timber underneath.  You also have to make sure that every coat is even all over the item being finished as the more coats, (thicker), the more opaque, muddy it becomes.
They may have their place, I just haven't found it yet. 🔥:)

Edited by John B
typo

I'm with John on this one.  I've never used Polyshades, but the concept alone doesn't appeal to me.  You are, in effect, adding layers of color with each coat and will not get the same effect you would get if you stained, then topcoated as separate operations.  It may have a place and serve a function for some, but not for me. 

I know finishing can be a chore for many folks, but it really is not a place for short cuts.