thinkin about starting on this one

tomsteve

which means im at the "complicate it" stage.😁 it measures 30" tall and 22' wide. complicating it has me cutting some wood to get the grain oriented to follow the flow of the feathers wich that= glue ups and more thinkin.

first things first,though- think i better get a large auxiliary table for some support on my saw.

then keep it simple. :)

tawnyeagle.JPG

8 minutes ago, tomsteve said:

which means im at the "complicate it" stage.😁 it measures 30" tall and 22' wide. complicating it has me cutting some wood to get the grain oriented to follow the flow of the feathers wich that= glue ups and more thinkin.

first things first,though- think i better get a large auxiliary table for some support on my saw.

then keep it simple. :)

tawnyeagle.JPG

That looks like quite a project. I can't imagine even the drilling that will be required.

1 hour ago, tomsteve said:

thats where im complicating it. i want to cut it into something unique, or make something unique.

ill prolly just use some cherry plywood. 

or sumthin else. :)

No not plywood.  If you are going to make the effort go with real wood.  Good luck.  Love to see the results.

12 hours ago, jbrowning said:

Wow, I couldn't even imagine cutting something like that. I hope you post the finished project.

i dont think it will be that hard.time consuming?yes. it will definately be a challenge on a 16" saw, but its doable. im thinking it will be easier enlarged. although its going to be a large piece of wood, enlarging the pattern makes all of them fine, fragile cuts less fine and fragile.