Festus

Charlie E

35 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

Great job on our old friend Festus.  But it is even more amazing when one considers the small size of this piece. Remarkable indeed

Dick

heppnerguy

Thank you Richard! I do like portraits better around the 5 X 7 size. To me they just look better, and I can fit more on my shop wall.😁 I hope to have lots of old cowboys before I'm through. 

Great rendition of old Festus.  I was a big fan of the show.

I remember one time Chester (Dennis Weaver) was a guest on the Ed Sullivan Show.  He came out on the stage with his "Chester" stiff leg, limping around.  When he went to sit on a stool to play his guitar and sing, he kept sliding off the stool because of his stiff leg,  After about three attempts at staying on the stool, he said something like "ah shuck the heck with it" and bent his knee just fine.  The whole audience gasped.  They all thought he actually had a bum leg from watching him on Gun Smoke.  Okay,,, just one of those things I remember from the old black and white snowy TV days with our bowtie or rabbit ears antennas.