My New Pegas Chuck Heads

Well I ordered my new Pegas Chuck heads a while back. finally got around to installing them last week. Took about twenty minutes or so to pit them on and square the blade up again. I have about eight hours on them now and am really impressed. The Pegas heads are more compact and the cam lock much smaller, seemed kind of strange for the first few cuts but now I love them. They really did take a lot of vibration out of the saw. I really notice it when cutting fine fretwork. With the old ones the blade was vibrating and was hard to tell exactly where you were starting your cut. The Pegas heads totally eliminated that. Even though they are aluminum they seem to be a much better quality material. Very smooth cam lock, easier to see when changing blades for me. We will have to see what the longevity of them is. If they last as long as the original or longer I would definitely buy the Pegas. The originals are $ 69.74 a set plus shipping and Pegas was $ 90.00 including shipping, not that much difference, especially when considering how much nicer they are. Well my EX clamps are about worn out so I will put the old ST clamps on it as they were still working pretty good. when they wear out then the EX will get a set of Pegas. 

grizz

Oregon

1 minute ago, kmmcrafts said:

Yeah , sure glad I upgraded..

What saw did you put them on? Id like to see some comments from those using them on the DeWalts..  

I like them on my DW788 well enough. Out of the box, the throat on insert the the blade is a bit tight and all the way to the right side of the clamps. Now that my season has practically ended, I will adjust them to have a slightly larger throat for the blade by backing the "fixed" clamp off by about a half revolution or so. At that time I will also put a drop of blue loctite on that side so that in addition to the jamb nut, I will have additional vibration protection.

I'm still waiting to hear if anybody has put the Pegas/EX clamps on a Dewalt saw. I think if they work, it would be far easier to use that having to "spin" the Dewalt tension lever. I saw that Steve Good put a set on his Dewalt but put a disclaimer on it that he wasn't sure how they were going to work out in the long run. I've not heard/read anything since then.

1 hour ago, octoolguy said:

I'm still waiting to hear if anybody has put the Pegas/EX clamps on a Dewalt saw. I think if they work, it would be far easier to use that having to "spin" the Dewalt tension lever. I saw that Steve Good put a set on his Dewalt but put a disclaimer on it that he wasn't sure how they were going to work out in the long run. I've not heard/read anything since then.

There are several people running them on the deWalt Ray.. I've seen quite a lot of post and videos on some of the Facebook groups where people have them on their saws.. Never seen any about how well they like them or anything of that nature.. but I've seen quite a few different people running them.. I also thought that it might make running the DeWalt easier because the Ex and the Hawks have the lever similar to one another rather than spinning the tension lever... Don't use my DeWalt enough to really justify buying the set though..  

3 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

There are several people running them on the deWalt Ray.. I've seen quite a lot of post and videos on some of the Facebook groups where people have them on their saws.. Never seen any about how well they like them or anything of that nature.. but I've seen quite a few different people running them.. I also thought that it might make running the DeWalt easier because the Ex and the Hawks have the lever similar to one another rather than spinning the tension lever... Don't use my DeWalt enough to really justify buying the set though..  

Thanks Kevin. I have seen/heard/read of many folks putting the Pegas clamps on their Dewalts but not the ones made to go on the EX/Seyco/Jet saws. I watched Steve's video when he put them on his Dewalt but he didn't say for sure they would work and it was before the actual Dewalt/Pegas clamps were available.

11 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Thanks Kevin. I have seen/heard/read of many folks putting the Pegas clamps on their Dewalts but not the ones made to go on the EX/Seyco/Jet saws. I watched Steve's video when he put them on his Dewalt but he didn't say for sure they would work and it was before the actual Dewalt/Pegas clamps were available.

You're a member of " All Things Scroll Saw and Bandsaw " ..... There was a video posted 20 hours ago.. that saw has the Ex Pegas clamp on the DeWalt saw..

Another group called " Scroll Saw & Wood Projects " click on the videos section on the left column and scroll down a ways.. there is about a 2 hour video of another couple of people sawing with a dewalt with the Ex Pegas clamp.. There is another one somewhere too.. so there are some using them.. you might go and comment on how they like this clamp on the DeWalt and maybe they'll give you some insight on it.... 

16 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

You're a member of " All Things Scroll Saw and Bandsaw " ..... There was a video posted 20 hours ago.. that saw has the Ex Pegas clamp on the DeWalt saw..

Another group called " Scroll Saw & Wood Projects " click on the videos section on the left column and scroll down a ways.. there is about a 2 hour video of another couple of people sawing with a dewalt with the Ex Pegas clamp.. There is another one somewhere too.. so there are some using them.. you might go and comment on how they like this clamp on the DeWalt and maybe they'll give you some insight on it.... 

Yes, I'm a member of all those groups but I only go there to see whatever notification I receive about what someone has cut. I don't spend time on any of those groups like I do here. Thanks. I'll check them out a bit further.

Same here Ray.. I rarely go on Facebook.. so not sure how i seen them.. just right timing I suppose.. My wife uses my FB more than I do.. she cracked me up as she didn't want her own account because she don't get on computers much.. but man she is addicted to that FB and my Pinterest accounts, LOL I rarely get on either one.. Mostly my online besides working on the selling sites and communicating with customers is here as well.. I get email notifications from my sites and go answer questions customers have then while I'm online I check in here, LOL sometimes answer something here... then I get back to work, LOL