21" King Scroll Saw

Dave Monk

32 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Dave,

I was in the san antonio woodcraft store today, they dont have any of them in stock, but should be able to order, RJ

Are you in San Antonio? Actually I think we've talked about this before but I forgot..My sis in law lives in San Antonio and Father in law lives in Nixon... when we go down there I typically stay in New Braunfels.. Haven't been in a few years and due to go again in the next couple years... be fun to meet up sometime 

10 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Are you in San Antonio? Actually I think we've talked about this before but I forgot..My sis in law lives in San Antonio and Father in law lives in Nixon... when we go down there I typically stay in New Braunfels.. Haven't been in a few years and due to go again in the next couple years... be fun to meet up sometime 

I live in Justin. It is between Fort Worth and Denton.

18 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Kevin, if you get down to New Braunfels, check out the restaurant in Groene by the name of the Grist Mill. It's actually built in the old mill and extends up into a huge tree with seating and dining up there. We sat up there, had lunch and watched the "tubers" floating by us on the river below. A really neat place. In the Summer that is. Not sure about the colder months.

34 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Kevin, if you get down to New Braunfels, check out the restaurant in Groene by the name of the Grist Mill. It's actually built in the old mill and extends up into a huge tree with seating and dining up there. We sat up there, had lunch and watched the "tubers" floating by us on the river below. A really neat place. In the Summer that is. Not sure about the colder months.

Yeah I checked that place out back in 2007 when we stay there for a month.. Neat place for sure..

Also enjoyed the island we stayed at think it was Port Aranas.. Lots of fun when we go down there.. I enjoy seeing the old un-rusted cars.. up here in the north with all the salt they put on the roads to melt the ice and snow.. most everything rots away fairly quick  

Edited by kmmcrafts

42 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Yeah I checked that place out back in 2007 when we stay there for a month.. Neat place for sure..

Also enjoyed the island we stayed at think it was Port Aranas.. Lots of fun when we go down there.. I enjoy seeing the old un-rusted cars.. up here in the north with all the salt they put on the roads to melt the ice and snow.. most everything rots away fairly quick  

Yes, that's why all of you folks have your winter car and a summer car. The winter car has no floorboards. LOL!

7 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

That's weird.. I thought you lived in IL? Did you move and I missed that.. I know I'm getting older.. and a little forgetful from time to time.. but I thought I had a few years before the senile set it...😂

For the past ten years we have lived six months in IL and six months in Tx. We recently sold our house and IL and we are living full time  in TX,

9 hours ago, rjweb said:

Dave, 

did you get the shop down, R

Got my shop up. Got electric run to it today. May take me a couple of weeks to get all the lights up and wiring done. I'm not going to finish the inside until I decide I have everything the way I want it. My wife will sure be glad to have me out of her garage.

51 minutes ago, Dave Monk said:

Got my shop up. Got electric run to it today. May take me a couple of weeks to get all the lights up and wiring done. I'm not going to finish the inside until I decide I have everything the way I want it. My wife will sure be glad to have me out of her garage.

6 years since I built my new shop.. I said the same thing.. not putting up finish the walls on the inside until I have everything set up the way I want it.. well... I still don't have it the way I want it and quite frankly.. I'm more confused about how I want it that I was in the beginning, LOL.. One thing I know I want.. is several power outlets in the ceiling... I put most of the outlets on the outer walls... and I don't like all these power cords running across the floor and tripping me up at times.. Not Cool to have it like that with saws.. But not totally sure hanging cords from the ceiling to the tools is going to be better or now.. then if you handle long boards.. they could get into the cords that way too.. 

19 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

6 years since I built my new shop.. I said the same thing.. not putting up finish the walls on the inside until I have everything set up the way I want it.. well... I still don't have it the way I want it and quite frankly.. I'm more confused about how I want it that I was in the beginning, LOL.. One thing I know I want.. is several power outlets in the ceiling... I put most of the outlets on the outer walls... and I don't like all these power cords running across the floor and tripping me up at times.. Not Cool to have it like that with saws.. But not totally sure hanging cords from the ceiling to the tools is going to be better or now.. then if you handle long boards.. they could get into the cords that way too.. 

Kevin, I was watching the news last night and they were inside of one of the vote counting centers. I noticed that at each work station, there was a cord reel hanging from the ceiling so the counting machines could be plugged in. That might be an idea for you. Put a few of them in strategic locations so you can just pull down a cord when you need one. I think I'd do that if my shop was bigger.