Grand Kid's Christmas Ornaments

neal560sl

Thank you Kevin,

I have been trying to do a new ornament or two for each of the Grandchildren each year.  I started a number of years ago making them each a turned ornament each year, then I started doing Steve Good's ornaments.  I remember as a kid when I was around 8 or 10 my Mom and dad got me using their old Montgomery Ward (power craft) jigsaw.  I don't know why I went so long in between without doing it.

I most always use just one blade for just about every thing I cut.  I use the Olson Mach #3 blade.  I have bought and tried the Flying Dutchman and the Pegus blades and honestly don't care for either of them.  I just cut a compound cut ornament out of one inch rock maple with the same blade I had already cut probably half a dozen or more ornaments with blade already and it still worked fine.  I love the smooth finish the blade leaves also.

15 hours ago, neal560sl said:

Thank you Kevin,

I have been trying to do a new ornament or two for each of the Grandchildren each year.  I started a number of years ago making them each a turned ornament each year, then I started doing Steve Good's ornaments.  I remember as a kid when I was around 8 or 10 my Mom and dad got me using their old Montgomery Ward (power craft) jigsaw.  I don't know why I went so long in between without doing it.

Your family will treasure them for sure.  My mother did cross stitch ornaments for each of us for years.  My husband's aunt made hand cut on the saw by her husband and painted by her ornaments and decorations.  We have a number of those as well.  Those are my most treasured ornaments.  They are put in their own separate box and are the one "thing" I would want to try and save if my home was burning and I could get to them!  Even more treasured since they are both gone now.  My goal is to start providing scrolled ornaments to my children and nieces and nephews to add to their "collection" since my mother is no longer here to provide cross stitched ones.