Toymaker from Australia

Doc58

Hi everybody.

I'm Doc from Australia.

I make wooden toys for a living so don't do a lot of the intricate scrolling that I see here.

Most of my work consists of drawing around a template and cutting said piece out usually on 19mm or 35mm pine and adding wheels or something. Some puzzles and a variety of 'sets' - animal families, dolls house folk and the like.

Occasional portrait or commission work.

I have a 21" and 30" Excalibur but actually use my 30" jobby for most of my work (it copes nice with long hours at a time cutting), since blade changes are so easy anyway and I don't have to walk to the other end of the workbench to use the 21".

Yeah, lazy AND old 😎

Anyhoo, I'm hoping to help any new folks because there was so much I didn't know when I first started and I'd love to share it.

Also not afraid to learn something new 👍

Should also apologize in advance for renewing old posts because I just know it will happen lol

Edited by Doc58
Added an apology.

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

I'm always glad to welcome a new Aussie mate.  Do you happen to know Peter Crowie, I know Australia is pretty big but he is a wood worker and likes to make toys.  Anyway, very glad too have you join us, and I look forward to seeing some pictures of your toys.

Actually, I do know OF Crowie - we are in a few different woodwork fora but I don't actually know him personally.

Doc from Australia

A big WELCOME  to you from Southern Arizona. Nice be able to add one more Australian to our world wide family here in The Village. I hope you post some of your work so we can exactly what it is that you are doing. I hope you post often and make comments on other peoples work. We are all friendly here and posting a lot help everyone to know each other better.

Dick

heppnerguy

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...