Travis

On 1/11/2019 at 9:21 PM, Frank Pellow said:

My first project for 2019 is a rather simple one.  I am recovering from hip joint replacement surgery and, next week, I will "graduate" for my Physio Therapy sessions with Jane.  I made  her this plaque which I will present at the end of my last session:

This was designed by Chachi and it is the second such plaque that I havemade.

The foreground is 3mm thick cherry and the background is 7mm thick Jatoba.

I love Physio plaque for Jane -small.JPG

I've done both hip and knee replacements. Hope your recovery is going well. I'm sure your therapist will appreciate the thought and effort.

This is my first project of the new year.....I did it because I had been reading about segmentation scrolling for a while.

After doing a few smaller pieces to work out the bugs, i tackled this piece. I was very pleased with the result, and have gone on to do several other animals since then, including, wolves, lions, bears, horses, and a couple more.

I intend to sell them at fairs and festivals this summer.

20190203_225419.jpg

This was a birthday gift for my sister' in laws husband who is a very keen  supporter of the Manly sea eagles (Sydney rugby league side). It took me some time to do as I had to match the colours & also the letters were cut out first then glued on.The rest was segmentation. I also made the frame. Cheers Peter

Manly.JPG

Here's my first project of 2019. Took my quite some time to find a pattern I liked for this project. Found it hand painted on a drum in a museum, snapped a pic and I was off and running. This is the 3rd of 4. Now to locate the pattern for #4

The critters are walnut inlaid into a basswood blank.

Chris

IMG_20190210_101705917.jpg

IMG_20190213_135619217.jpg

Edited by Hawk

• Travis unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 4:44 PM, Travis said:

FIRST.png

This month, it's an easy one.  Post your first project of 2019!  "Out with the old, in with the new,"as they say.  We don't want to see what you made last year; we want to see what you made in 2019.  Fresh off the saw.  When you post, tell us a little about it.  Who did you made it for and for what reason?  Or maybe a little backstory.  Projects are nice to see, but it's the story that goes with it that makes it special.

Here's to a productive 2019!  🎉

20190331_114757.jpg

IMG-8a3e2c13a3c06caf0be14a3d90ac7b69-V.jpg

On 1/3/2019 at 4:44 PM, Travis said:

FIRST.png

This month, it's an easy one.  Post your first project of 2019!  "Out with the old, in with the new,"as they say.  We don't want to see what you made last year; we want to see what you made in 2019.  Fresh off the saw.  When you post, tell us a little about it.  Who did you made it for and for what reason?  Or maybe a little backstory.  Projects are nice to see, but it's the story that goes with it that makes it special.

Here's to a productive 2019!  🎉

I made it as a gift for my wife. 

20190322_091931.jpg

• 6 months later...