Travis

FIRST.png

This month, it's an easy one.  Post your first project of 2019!  "Out with the old, in with the new,"as they say.  We don't want to see what you made last year; we want to see what you made in 2019.  Fresh off the saw.  When you post, tell us a little about it.  Who did you made it for and for what reason?  Or maybe a little backstory.  Projects are nice to see, but it's the story that goes with it that makes it special.

Here's to a productive 2019!  🎉

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, fisch2481 said:

My first project was a big one.  I am working on developing my technique of creating layered cartoon style scroll saw art.  I spent roughly 40 hours on this project. The dimension (including frame) are 15.5"x21.5".  I used naturally colored wood with no stains along with stained glass to pull this off.  Aside from the silhouette layers, I did not use any paints.  As for the woods, I used Padauk, Yellowheart, Walnut, Bloodwood, Oak, Figured Maple, Sapele, Aspen, Tigerwood and Mahogany.  If you want to see more of my process - here is a link to the full build album https://imgur.com/gallery/BeB2nKi.

Frontwall.thumb.jpg.3b04cba8e00860e88948de9822d83016.jpgrightangle.thumb.jpg.018310ea516ca5cad1a4bb53789a07fb.jpgShopfinish.thumb.jpg.6191f50c4e0716473a43b6a44634b20f.jpg

WOW!  That very innovative. 

I particularly like the idea of using a sheet of coloured glass as one of the layers and I am going to look for an opportunity to do that.

4 hours ago, Frank Pellow said:

My first project for 2019 is a rather simple one.  I am recovering from hip joint replacement surgery and, next week, I will "graduate" for my Physio Therapy sessions with Jane.  I made  her this plaque which I will present at the end of my last session:

This was designed by Chachi and it is the second such plaque that I havemade.

The foreground is 3mm thick cherry and the background is 7mm thick Jatoba.

I love Physio plaque for Jane -small.JPG

Hope your recovery carries on going well for you Frank, it will make the summer so much better for you. I love the plaque and I'm sure Jane will be thrilled with it, I know I would be. xx

On January 7, 2019 at 12:09 PM, fisch2481 said:

My first project was a big one.  I am working on developing my technique of creating layered cartoon style scroll saw art.  I spent roughly 40 hours on this project. The dimension (including frame) are 15.5"x21.5".  I used naturally colored wood with no stains along with stained glass to pull this off.  Aside from the silhouette layers, I did not use any paints.  As for the woods, I used Padauk, Yellowheart, Walnut, Bloodwood, Oak, Figured Maple, Sapele, Aspen, Tigerwood and Mahogany.  If you want to see more of my process - here is a link to the full build album https://imgur.com/gallery/BeB2nKi.

Frontwall.thumb.jpg.3b04cba8e00860e88948de9822d83016.jpgrightangle.thumb.jpg.018310ea516ca5cad1a4bb53789a07fb.jpgShopfinish.thumb.jpg.6191f50c4e0716473a43b6a44634b20f.jpg

That is just amazing. So cool. As one who dropped everything I was doing just to play Nintendo, it brings back lots of memories.  Now where did I put my Nintendo..... Hmmmm