This one stretched my abilities

OCtoolguy

17 hours ago, dgman said:

Love that Mahogany Ray, nice job!

Thank you all for your kind words. As to making a second one, I have already had that thought as I look at this one and see the flaws and the places that I could improve on it. Since I started this one, I have added a laser printer to my office and I am getting much better scans and printouts of my patterns so the next one will be far better. My patterns all printed out on the old inkjet with blurry lines and some of the joints were a bit loose. The next one will be much better. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. That's why it takes me so long to get things finished. I also want to try a different mix of woods. I like contrast and to me, this one is too much the same color.

Thanks again everybody, you make it all worthwhile.

3 hours ago, Rockytime said:

Ray, getting your ability stretched is a good thing. My ability has been stretched for 80 years and it is now at it's breaking point.  😂

But, you know how to fix clocks. I have a wall clock that we bought for our anniversary many years ago. I can't remember which one. It's a good clock but it stopped working and I know it just needs cleaning and lubing and whatever other feats of magic a clock person would perform. Unfortunately, we have it stored out in my shop, way up high on a shelf. Nobody around here that does than work anymore. SAD! I wish you were closer. I'd pay you to fix it. I'd love to give it to one of our kids.