Zero clearance insert for Jet scroll saw !

Asunsell

I have then on all my saws, (both) I'm talking to Kevin from Michigan now he has "saws",  I have 2 ☹️, anyway when I change blades I just pop the insert out, put in the blade and put the insert down over it into the recess.  Not really a problem.  I did drill several holes in mine to help the lower dust collector nozzle suck more dust down.  When I make the inserts I make them in batches.  They do get beat up over time so I always have replacements.

4 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

I have then on all my saws, (both) I'm talking to Kevin from Michigan now he has "saws",  I have 2 ☹️, anyway when I change blades I just pop the insert out, put in the blade and put the insert down over it into the recess.  Not really a problem.  I did drill several holes in mine to help the lower dust collector nozzle suck more dust down.  When I make the inserts I make them in batches.  They do get beat up over time so I always have replacements.

In that case where you have a insert that is removable I understand.. but what the original poster here did was fill a hole with JB weld.. so he's not taking it out for the blade changes.. I've made inserts in the past for my old Delta and Dremel saws that required a insert and did as you do for blade changes.. 

BTW, anything more than two saws is a waste anyway as you only have two hands.. 😂 Now.. If I could line them all up and somehow attach something to each of my projects so i cut on one saw and the others follow along with my one cutting... now that would be some production cutting right there..😂  

Well you could do it easily but there is a slight giveaway.  On my saws I have made 1/8" thick auxiliary table top and my inserts are the same thickness.  I did this so I could have the inserts and in addition it gives me a larger table top for my Hegner.  The giveaway is you give up 1/8" of thickness you can cut.  So far I have not missed the 1/8" but I may, since I have started playing with compound cutting.  But my table tops are easy to remove so if I need that 1/8" I will just remove the aux table top.

On 1/17/2019 at 12:53 PM, Woodmaster1 said:

I use refrigerator calendar magnets for zero clearance. Easy to remove and install. Just put them on the side so when needed they are not far away.

I just watched a video with the magnets for zero clearance - WOW!! Brilliant, I thought.  Will be trying that out as soon as I get my saw back!