Finally Complete

Scrappile

5 hours ago, trackman said:

Was you able to stack cut any of the frame?  That is the type of project you can’t get paid enough for the time spent. Outstanding job!!

Yes the top, sides and bottom are two pieces each.  So actually a person could do all the frame work in four stacked cuts.  I do not like to stack over two pieces at a time for something like this so I did it with 6 cuts.  The framing is the kind of scrolling I really enjoy for some reason, so I do not mind doing it in more cuts. 

One thing Learned from doing the cutting of John 3:16, is to make sure the grain of the wood all runs in the same direction through the whole piece.  If you do not, when you take pictures of it the light will reflect differently on the pieces with the grain going it vertical direction from the pieces cut with the grain going horizontal.  Just a little tidbit I learned from past experience. 

10 minutes ago, Tomanydogs said:

Wow outstanding piece Paul!!! Do you use a spiral blade for a project like this?

The only place I used a spiral, FD 3/0 New Spiral Blade, was on the veining in the leaves.  I cut them first with a small flat blade 2/0 size than go over them with the spiral blade. 

@Scrappile Are you kidding me, that's wonderful. I was cutting 7" letters yesterday, thought I would get a cleaner cut with a flat blade, took me hours and I wasn't even half way through the letters and I kept messing up. Had to change out to a spiral blade. I simply can't even imagine tackling what you have done with a flat blade. Well actually I can't imagine even cutting a project like you have done with any blade. My hat is off to you. Well done.