New saw plus shop built stand

Scruffydog

2 hours ago, Woodmaster1 said:

Nice looking stand!

Thanks. The stand came from lumber I salvaged from previous projects. Had to clean some glue off and do a little sanding. The top is from two 2×6 pieces biscuit joined & glued, then run thru the thickness planer. Used (2) 3/8-16 t-nuts for the two front holes. It would have been nice if Delta made the mounting hole in the back accessible from the top, but the cord strain relief is in the way. 

So far it's relatively stable and vibration free. Man, there sure is a huge difference between a cheap saw & a quality saw. If I had to do it again I never would have wasted time with the cheap saw. Knowing what I know now...

Thanks to all for their advice / help. I'm on my way to making much more progress now. Next project is a car for a coworker's son. Should be fun.

18 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

After looking at your pic, I saw that nice carpet and realized that you must be set up in a room in doors. How did you manage that? I mentioned something about bringing my saw inside and got the "stink eye" in return. What's your secret?🤔

I'm in the basement next to the egress window. The rug is a cast a way from somewhere to help with the cold. Basements were invented by men for man caves and workshops. Just wish mine had a bathroom...

1 hour ago, Scruffydog said:

I'm in the basement next to the egress window. The rug is a cast a way from somewhere to help with the cold. Basements were invented by men for man caves and workshops. Just wish mine had a bathroom...

Well, in the days of olde, they used "chamber pots" so that may be your answer. With my "old man's bladder" I take it as a sign that I need to get up and move every once in a while. I've just about done in my neighbor's hedge. LOL.

3 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Well, in the days of olde, they used "chamber pots" so that may be your answer. With my "old man's bladder" I take it as a sign that I need to get up and move every once in a while. I've just about done in my neighbor's hedge. LOL.

That's it! Brilliant! I'll start a movement to bring back Chamber Pots for workshops. I think there is a place that sells orange 5 gallon buckets near by....

Edited by Scruffydog

5 minutes ago, Scruffydog said:

That's it! Brilliant! I'll start a movement to bring back Chamber Pots for workshops. I think there is a place that sells orange 5 gallon buckets near by....

I find those along the freeway all the time. I'll have to be more careful before bringing them home. Maybe that's what they are being used for. Long trips and such.

22 minutes ago, Scruffydog said:

My wife used to have this thing called the “Luggable Lue”(sp?) for her horse trailer camper. I’ll have to find out what happened to that thing, now that my bladder goes into panic mode it seems every time I am trying to glue something up......

Believe me, I know just what you're talking about. All I have to do is get 5 steps away from the john and it kicks in. Actually, I've renamed our "john" to "jim" so I can say that I go to the "gym" every day at least once.

I spent my entire life in the garage, braving all the Nebraska elements. Then 2 years ago we downsized and bought a patio townhouse. Downstairs I have a room with a concrete floor and a door. I have taken up the art of dust collection since, but it sure is nice to have it the same temperature year round. Not to mention not having to roll everything back to the edges to get cars in the garage. Plus I think it is really nice to be able to walk away from something and come back later, knowing that nothing changed in my absence.