Unicorn puzzle

frieke

Made this puzzle for my youghest one. they'll have a christmas party at school in class and they exchange gifts, selfmade...

When I kissed her goodnight tonight she told me about it.....(9PM)

When is the party? Oh, I think tomorrow or friday, don't know mom....

What could i do huh? Something for as well a boy or a girl 9/10 years old...

Think this puzzle will do it! The pattern is from the book Fantasy & legend scroll saw puzzles, I used MDF 18mm, no finish on it, cuz I'm afraid it won't be dry before tomorrow morning.

Hehe

post-2655-134955553934_thumb.jpgpost-2655-134955553939_thumb.jpgpost-2655-134955553952_thumb.jpgpost-2655-134955553965_thumb.jpg

Sounds like the wife and I Frieke...shipping out Grandkids Christmas gifts tomorrow and noticed this morning we were short of gifts. I cut out a fish and train tray puzzles and brought them to the wife so she could paint them. She put letters A - Z on one puzzle and numbers on the other...(yep, 26 puzzle pieces)

I do like the Unicorn and I'm sure the Grand daughter will as well...I will have to look for that design.

Hawaiilad

Larry

Great job on the Unicorn Frieke. As for a fast drying finsh, as the kids are older and are not likely to be trying to eat the unicorn hehe you could put a laquer such as Deft on it. The spray Deft drys very quickly if not put on in thick coats, use 3 or so thin coats. Stand alone puzzles are fun to make and seem to sell pretty well at the craft shows.

DW