New UK member saying "Hi".

Harry Barton

Hi all, I'm from Shropshire, in the UK and used scroll saws years ago when I worked in the education sector.  Just recently a load of scrolling videos have popped up on my youtube recommendations, inspiring me to buy a scroll saw, although at this stage I don't know what I'll end up creating!  Sawdust and firewood probably.

Anyway, I've looked at several models and was considering ordering a Proxxon 16" 2 speed for £379, when a Delta Q3 18" variable speed saw with its own stand came up on ebay.  £100 later (and a trip to Huddersfield), the saw's set up in my shed and I've already made some very good dust and firewood.

I'm looking forward to learning more about using the scroll saw and no doubt will have many questions for those with more experience.

8 hours ago, Harry Barton said:

Hi all, I'm from Shropshire, in the UK and used scroll saws years ago when I worked in the education sector.  Just recently a load of scrolling videos have popped up on my youtube recommendations, inspiring me to buy a scroll saw, although at this stage I don't know what I'll end up creating!  Sawdust and firewood probably.

Anyway, I've looked at several models and was considering ordering a Proxxon 16" 2 speed for £379, when a Delta Q3 18" variable speed saw with its own stand came up on ebay.  £100 later (and a trip to Huddersfield), the saw's set up in my shed and I've already made some very good dust and firewood.

I'm looking forward to learning more about using the scroll saw and no doubt will have many questions for those with more experience.

Welcome friend. Your our newest member so stand up and take a bow we will be learning from you as you learn from us .I,ve never seen a question asked ,not answered in more ways than one.Show us your fire wood to remind us seasoned scrollers that this is how we started too. I hope you become a regular, Welcome again friend.

On 6/22/2019 at 11:51 PM, Harry Barton said:

Hi Harry,

Welcome to the Village.  Nice to have a few more Brits on board.  I'm from the UK originally but now live in New Zealand.  I also own a Q3 (Type 2)  which is a great saw.  I have a copy of the manual and parts diagram which I can send you if you like.  Just drop me a PM.

Welcome again, and be sure to post pictures of your work.  We love pictures!

Rob

10 hours ago, Rob said:

Hi Harry,

Welcome to the Village.  Nice to have a few more Brits on board.  I'm from the UK originally but now live in New Zealand.  I also own a Q3 (Type 2)  which is a great saw.  I have a copy of the manual and parts diagram which I can send you if you like.  Just drop me a PM.

Welcome again, and be sure to post pictures of your work.  We love pictures!

Rob

Thanks Rob.  As it happens, I've downloaded the manual, but thanks for the offer.  I think mine's a type 2 also.  My niece spent a couple of years in NZ and enjoyed the experience.  She's back home now though.  My son lives in Toronto (on a two-year work visa), but I've only been abroad a few times.

On 6/22/2019 at 6:51 AM, Harry Barton said:

You might scroll firewood, but its going to be darn pretty firewood. Welcome here. RJF

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...