"Rubber" Stamp Pattern Project

baggetta

"RUBBER" STAMP Pattern Project "Dragon Love" Thought I'd try my hand at making a rubber stamp with a logo on it, using my scroll saw. I designed the "Dragon Love" ornament and reduced it in size to about 4" I cut it out of birch plywood and made a backing for it and a handle to create a "rubber" stamp. Actually a wooden stamp to use on paper, wood or other materials. If this work out I'll make other patterns to be used for the same purpose. I bought an ink pad, but I don't think it was good enough. Seems like you would need one that is more moist. But it seemed to work after some practice. The project is easy enough to make but I made a video which you can check out on my YouTube Channel and you can also download the free pattern from there as well.

Dragon Love Image Small.jpg

That is nice.  It uses the same principal as a wood cut.  Though the wood cuts are carved, you end up with the same type of stamp.  They use a "brayer"  to apply the ink to the wood.  It is a lot like a paint roller, except it has a hard roller, so the ink stays on top of the wood and does not go down the sides.  They would be available at an art supply store, such as Dick Blick.  Looks like the stamp pad is working, but the brayer could put more ink on the surface.