Not a topic, an announcement.

OCtoolguy

Hi to all who live on the Western side of the Mississippi River. I made up an order of woods that I needed and submitted it to Cherokee Wood Products a couple of days ago. I decided to make the 2 hour round trip to go see the operation and actually meet Chris. I'm sure glad I did. He is a great young man and it was a pleasure to meet him. He showed me around the entire yard. They have been there for 25 years and it's a great place. Lots to see. Anyway, for making the trip out there, he gifted me some of the stuff that they can't sell. I came home with a load of great wood. They also have boxes of cutoffs that they sell. I highly recommend that you folks give them a try. And if you do, take the time to try to get hold of Chris and give him your order. Especially if you need any custom milling. I needed a piece of walnut in 3/8" thickness. They don't offer it but they milled it for me for a minimal charge. I now have enough wood that I won't need to go back for a good while but when the time comes, I'll be hot-footing it back out there once again. 

Cherokeewood.com

Edited by octoolguy

3 hours ago, rjweb said:

Ray, you live in Area 51?

i am glad you were able to hook up with a wood supplier, down here in my section of Texas not to good, in fact there isn’t much interest in scrolling at all, RJ 

Rj, it's time for you to start a scrolling group or club or??? Is there a Woodcraft store anywhere near you? How about a high school that still has a shop class? Senior center? 

• 2 weeks later...