Hi from Dolores

Dolores

Well Hello......

Very much a beginner - not really produced anything yet other than scrap bits and pieces. I have a Record Power saw and one blade, so waiting for new spare blades to arrive. Just spent a small fortune on ply in several sizes, so should be good to go any day soon.....🙄

My ambition is to make a clock....you may think this is overly ambitious and you would probably be right, but I'm going to give it a go and see what happens, after all, it's not heart surgery and no one dies if I mess up....do they?

Oh, and by the way, Dolores is a place.....😄

Best Wishes.

Welcome to the Village Frank. Interesting that we have a town in Colorado, USA named Delores. Not the same but close. You will enjoy it here, lots of friendly folks and lots of talent and helpful information here. Posting your scraps and pieces is fine here. Everyone wants to know what you are doing. And good luck with the clock project. Keep us posted on  your progress.

So glad to have you join us.  I have made a couple things using patterns I purchased from Spain.  Have many more of his patterns.  Unfortunately he hasn't responded to recent email, I hope all is okay with him.  His site is:  www.finescrollsaw.com. 

What kind of a clock do you want to make.  I just started one called the Bell Tower Clock.  There are a couple people here that have made it.  Another scroller started a thread recently on making a wooden gear clock.  And there are many here that make other kinds of clocks. 

Welcome to the Village from East Tennessee and the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. Glad you have joined us. Everybody starts somewhere, and if you want it to be a clock then that is it. As I have learned from my fellow scrollers here, it’s just one hole at a time. 😉 look forward to your participation.

Thanks everyone for your greetings.

I'm still wading through posts and the resources here - it really is a gold mine! And the projects that have been posted are amazing.

I'm attempting the Genesis clock, which I believe one or two have completed, and I'm hoping to cut wood tomorrow (Saturday and excused duties by The Wife 🙄), but first I'm going to have a few practice cuts. As long as they are not excruciatingly bad, I'll attempt to post a picture of my first ever effort 😎

Best wishes all.

Frank

On 9/12/2019 at 8:18 AM, Dolores said:

Well Hello i'm Frank!!!......

Very much a beginner - not really produced anything yet other than scrap bits and pieces. I have a Record Power saw and one blade, so waiting for new spare blades to arrive. Just spent a small fortune on ply in several sizes, so should be good to go any day soon.....🙄

My ambition is to make a clock....you may think this is overly ambitious and you would probably be right, but I'm going to give it a go and see what happens, after all, it's not heart surgery and no one dies if I mess up....do they?

Oh, and by the way, Dolores is a place.....😄

Best Wishes.

You made me laugh about no body die if you mess up! The coffee shop is loaded with humor here. A clock person gets on my good side right away.! Were friends now! Keep coming back and be a regular too! Welcome Frank!

Welcome aboard!  I've always wanted to make a wooden clock, myself, and one day I may get the wifely permission to buy the metal bits and get around to actually cutting.  :)  Ambitious?  Sure, I guess....but as another on the forums said, "every project is just one hole, one cut....some just take longer to finish."  Cut away, and mount your first completed clock in a place of pride!