Halloween Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

Halloween.png

Tiny spooks and goblins will be at our doorstep soon.  We must prepare to ward off these little monsters with laughs, giggles, and treats.  Share your Halloween scroll saw project with the rest of us, so we may better arm ourselves with Halloween delights.  I normally ask for you to share a little story about your project, but not this time.  Instead, share some progress pictures so we can see your wicked skills.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Denny Knappen said:

Yes, I filled it with Tootsie Rolls, my favorite.

Tootsie Roll Basket 100819.jpg

Totally appropriate.  :)  I was always partial to the flavored ones, myself....except for the vanilla ones.  But back in the day (when I had a metabolism) I'd knock back a bag of flavored Tootsie Rolls almost as fast as they'd come through the door at home.  Halloween night, the vanilla's got handed out to kids.

58 minutes ago, RabidAlien said:

Totally appropriate.  :)  I was always partial to the flavored ones, myself....except for the vanilla ones.  But back in the day (when I had a metabolism) I'd knock back a bag of flavored Tootsie Rolls almost as fast as they'd come through the door at home.  Halloween night, the vanilla's got handed out to kids.

Thanks.  We have a contest at ArtCrafters to guess the number of Tootsie Rolls in the basket.

1 hour ago, OzarkSawdust said:

Well, I got the old witch cut tonight...she's still naked though. Tomorrow I'll do like the Rolling Stones said over ten years ago..."Paint It Black"...lol. Steve Good did the backer white like the moon...I'll do the same. I won't do the orange surround as I want to leave it as a hanging piece. 

Just realized it looks like the hanging loop on the right is cut. It's a dark, small, knot. Not worried about it as I'm going to paint it black anyway...lol.

IMG_0896.jpg

You are doing so well with your scrolling . I am over joyed to see you shining so. Well done one the witch ornament

Dick

heppnerguy

On 10/6/2019 at 8:56 PM, spirithorse said:

Wagon-Harvest-decoration.gif.4a2e462f53fbed8514ad39f9c1ddeed4.gifI made this wagon on the scrollsaw and made signs to hang on the front with Happy Harvest, Happy Easter, Merry Christmas, a red, white, and blue striped star, and a Welcome sign for the front of the wagon which is 30" Long and 16" wide. My wife painted all of the signs and today she put the Fall leaves, Pumpkins, and Scarecrow in the wagon. I'll post a better pic without all the clutter behind it later.

God Bless! Spirithorse

you made good use of your little wagon.. I love the addition of the leaves it sets your display off perfectly

Dick

heppnerguy

On 10/5/2019 at 11:39 AM, flarud said:

Well, I'm gonna break the rules right off of the bat.  Made a couple of these last year for the wife and daughter.

IMAG9912.thumb.jpg.825705fedc9fb20b3eb00df62c8c076a.jpg

IMAG9920.thumb.jpg.43c57a5eb5969aa0e563c4496a4cfb7c.jpg

Also made this huge thing a couple of Halloween's ago.  6' tall and 12' long. 

IMAG8173.thumb.jpg.185cae02d10586675ac0f857d26d9ee6.jpg

Great pieces.. the lights set off your large one and really makes it look extremely scary. I was thinking about going to your house and trick or treating this year but I think your house is a little too scary for me. so I can email you my address and you can just mail to me what ever you are giving away at the door this Halloween

Dick

heppnerguy

6 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

Great pieces.. the lights set off your large one and really makes it look extremely scary. I was thinking about going to your house and trick or treating this year but I think your house is a little too scary for me. so I can email you my address and you can just mail to me what ever you are giving away at the door this Halloween

Dick

heppnerguy

LOL, I used to go all out for Halloween.  I would actually build a little haunted house coming off of my two car garage and go out about 20'.  I had a fence gate as the front door with a refrigerator door switch on it. Door opens and some lights would come on, door shuts once you are inside and the lights would go off.  Lots of scary stuff inside brushing up against you.  An air nozzle hooked to a compressor in the back yard scares the heck out of people when you blow air towards them.  

13 hours ago, OzarkSawdust said:

Well, I got the old witch cut tonight...she's still naked though. Tomorrow I'll do like the Rolling Stones said over ten years ago..."Paint It Black"...lol. Steve Good did the backer white like the moon...I'll do the same. I won't do the orange surround as I want to leave it as a hanging piece. 

Just realized it looks like the hanging loop on the right is cut. It's a dark, small, knot. Not worried about it as I'm going to paint it black anyway...lol.

IMG_0896.jpg

Very good cutting, Gary.  Was it cut on your new saw?

8 hours ago, Foxfold said:

Looks 'yummy' although I must admit to going online to find out what a 'Tootsie Roll'  is  🙂 

WHAT - Brenda - Say it isn't so - you've never heard of a "tootsie roll" much less had one?!?!?!?!? 🤨😖 If you can't find them over the pond there, let me know and I will send you some. 😉

Nice work on the basket Denny.

27 minutes ago, meflick said:

WHAT - Brenda - Say it isn't so - you've never heard of a "tootsie roll" much less had one?!?!?!?!? 🤨😖 If you can't find them over the pond there, let me know and I will send you some. 😉

Nice work on the basket Denny.

Thanks Melanie.  Brenda deserves some Tootsie Rolls!