Halloween Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

17 hours ago, meflick said:

WHAT - Brenda - Say it isn't so - you've never heard of a "tootsie roll" much less had one?!?!?!?!? 🤨😖 If you can't find them over the pond there, let me know and I will send you some. 😉

Nope, never heard of them 🤣.  Found some on Ebay.uk but there seems to be quite an assortment so not sure which you all are referring to 🙂   https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=tootsie+roll&ul_noapp=true

Most of those are all “Tootsie Rolls” they are just different size rolls and/or packages. The original flavor is chocolate, but they also later introduced other “flavored” ones, a “Tootsie Pop”  is a hard coated sucker with a tootsie roll center. What I just learned is that the guy who invented them named them “Tootsie” after his daughter who he called “Tootsie” apparently.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tootsie_Roll

13 minutes ago, MrsN said:

The in progress pictures show my niece cutting, the unpainted pieces and one of our clamping process.

Tell your niece she did a fabulous job with those, I think they are amazing. And you are a wonderful Auntie.  She'll remember this day always. 💕

Nice work @MrsN Katie by both you and your niece.  Prayers said for your family as they deal with your nephew's health concerns.  Good that you were close in location so your niece could come to visit and craft with you.  Looks like you were well supervised.😉  My golden retriever does not like to come out to the shop with me.  I think its too loud for her perhaps. 🤔

On 10/10/2019 at 5:27 AM, Foxfold said:

Nope, never heard of them 🤣.  Found some on Ebay.uk but there seems to be quite an assortment so not sure which you all are referring to 🙂   https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=tootsie+roll&ul_noapp=true

TOOTSIE ROLL* 6.29 oz+ Bag MIDGEES Chocolate Flavored CANDY Gluten-Free NEW!

These look like the common ones here in the USA    not too many and less than $3. 

Dick

heppnerguy

3 hours ago, alexfox said:

As you know I like to make layered pattern and projects. My last patterns are shadowbox animal scenes. I thought it will be interesting to make some holiday patterns at such style. And Halloween is first one 

Size 7,5 x 7,5 inch, 6 layers 1/8 inch thickness

01.jpg

WOW Alex! That's a really nice project...6 layers, holy cow!!! 

3 hours ago, Be_O_Be said:

Steve Good pattern 1/4" birch ply.  Little break from Christmas items.

IMG_20191021_171822753.thumb.jpg.5a2c222d9bace834e923bfe9e6a9b696.jpg

I saw that one and was thinking of cutting it. But at the rate I'm going it would be New Years before I got to it in the pile...lol

I may save it for next year...you did a great job, I like the way it came out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Travis unpinned this topic