A gift for a friend

OCtoolguy

We went up the street last night to a little open house that our dear friends hosted. I made one of my votive candle holders for her a while back and she proudly displayed it in her home. I had to take a picture to share with you all so you can see what it is that I work on. I hope you like it as much as she does. And as much as I do making them. I can't take credit for the wall sconce. She had that. But, now I'm looking for a pattern to make some of them. I'm going to try to design something but if any of you have a pattern that is similar, please forward it to me. If I have to pay for it, so be it. If it's the right pattern, I'll gladly buy it. Thanks.

20191223_170057.jpg

Ray, that's a really beautiful piece.. I like the contrast between the two types of wood.. what wood is it? looks maybe like Walnut and Cherry or Cedar

I wish you'd show more of your work.. maybe you do as I don't typically go look in the Bragging section very often so I may have missed your postings if you have posted there..

Thanks for showing your projects..

1 hour ago, kmmcrafts said:

Ray, that's a really beautiful piece.. I like the contrast between the two types of wood.. what wood is it? looks maybe like Walnut and Cherry or Cedar

I wish you'd show more of your work.. maybe you do as I don't typically go look in the Bragging section very often so I may have missed your postings if you have posted there..

Thanks for showing your projects..

No Kevin, I am very slow to finish anything. Takes me a month and a day or more. So far, my projects have been limited but I'm going to branch out soon. I have a lot that I want to make but my wife keeps having me make the same stuff for gifts. Now that I'm done with gifting, maybe I can get back to what I WANT to do.

Oh, and the two woods are walnut and mahogany. Nothing but natural Danish oil and a light spray of shellac.

Edited by octoolguy