Goldfish

Vector01

Hi All:

I went to my woodburning books and pulled this from one of Lora Irish's patterns. I thought that this would make an interesting practice piece. My biggest challenge was how to make a scrollsaw pattern out of a woodburning one. I'm still having problems with planning my cuts so I don't end up with a jigsaw puzzle.

I went for broke and started cutting away. I added the chinese symbol for fish and another plant to balance it out. The frame design was a last minute idea. I saw a frame shape like that at my local chinese restaraunt the other day.

It was cut from 1/2" oak and the majority of the cuts were made with an Olson 5R blade. It was fun. Hopefully I'll be ordering some wood from Sloane's next week. I got a bunch of ideas.

Have Fun

[attachment=0]fishcompweb.jpg[/attachment]

Absolutely beautiful Vector.............it doesn't look like you had a bit of problems translating this pattern for scrolling. I love asian designs myself and the lamp idea is a great one........as is a luminary! Really lovely. You did a great job on it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Christina