Hi guys.

Corvett

My name is MJ and I live in (Maryland). I’m recently retired and have been a wood worker all my life. I have a Woodmizer Saw mill that I use to cut wood primarily for my own projects. I’ve been giving cut offs and live edge slabs to my brother who has been a member here on Scroll Saw Village for years. I’ve seen the awesome stuff he has made and have been the recipient of more than a few pieces. 
Now that I’m in the fourth quarter and have more time on my hands I’ve decided it’s time I get a scroll saw and learn the craft. I ordered a Hegner V- 22 yesterday and am looking forward to getting it sometime next week. 
l’ve been reading many of the posts and am looking forward to hopefully be a contributing member with regard to patterns at some point in the future. I was a professional photographer for many years and am very experienced with photoshop. Though I have some experience I know I have a lot to learn and I’m sure I’ll have plenty of newbie questions.
The one thing I can say already from my observations  is I appreciate how helpful everyone is especially with us newbies. 
Thanks to the Admins on SSV for letting me join the group and all the contributing members for sharing your wisdom. 

Welcome to the  forum.  Gotta say you are starting out with a fine saw.  When I first purchased my Hegner, I had a bad time with it.  I just couldn't get the right combination.  I kept breaking blades, and breaking a blade on a Hegner can be a scary experience for the first few times.  Sounds like the saw is flying apart!  I was in contact with Advance Machinery often seeking advice.  They would not give up one me.  Gave me all the help and encouragement I needed.  It finally clicked and it all boiled down to getting the right feel of the required tension on the blade.  Also read the manual.  The top clamp when using a regular clamp is set differently in it's holder in relation to the how tight the screw at the top of the clamp is set, than it is if you get the Quick Clamp.  And get the Quick Clamp, worth every penny.  It is a great saw, I would not part with mine. 

And I am trying to figure out who your brother is. 

6 hours ago, Corvett said:

My name is MJ and I live in (Maryland). I’m recently retired and have been a wood worker all my life. I have a Woodmizer Saw mill that I use to cut wood primarily for my own projects. I’ve been giving cut offs and live edge slabs to my brother who has been a member here on Scroll Saw Village for years. I’ve seen the awesome stuff he has made and have been the recipient of more than a few pieces. 
Now that I’m in the fourth quarter and have more time on my hands I’ve decided it’s time I get a scroll saw and learn the craft. I ordered a Hegner V- 22 yesterday and am looking forward to getting it sometime next week. 
l’ve been reading many of the posts and am looking forward to hopefully be a contributing member with regard to patterns at some point in the future. I was a professional photographer for many years and am very experienced with photoshop. Though I have some experience I know I have a lot to learn and I’m sure I’ll have plenty of newbie questions.
The one thing I can say already from my observations  is I appreciate how helpful everyone is especially with us newbies. 
Thanks to the Admins on SSV for letting me join the group and all the contributing members for sharing your wisdom. 

Welcome friend, hope you become a regular!!!