Better dust collecting for my excalibur scrollsaw

planeur

Hello scrollsaw pros !

To improve the original low suction  under the table of my Excalibur scrollsaw, I made a small veneer  box , easily removable,  and hold by  some magnets under the table . For the aspiration I use this nozzle connected to my Delta dust collector,  which is also used for my bandsaw and column drill.

IMG_0883__1580834809_43730.thumb.jpg.ca913956faa7a4e6b1ad99da2fe50522.jpg
https://www.leevalley.com/fr-ca/shop/outils/atelier/depoussierage/pieces-et-accessoires/30041-capteur-de-poussiere-magnetique-veritas

It is fixed under the table with its 4 magnets, and that enters in the small box easily removable. The hose is  2.5' dia. int.

This little box is also attached to the bottom by a small magnet as well as its front cover, which can be easily removed for a blade change!

https://www.leevalley.com/fr-ca/shop/quincaillerie/aimants-de-terres-rares/aimants/circulaire/58750-ensembles-daimants-de-terres-rares-de-cuvettes-et-de-rondelles

IMG_0890__1580835029_44064.thumb.jpg.88f1485a79f9cb7f5ea1eecb33b3ddfd.jpg
IMG_0885__1580834892_80437_LI.thumb.jpg.2032ac380d865fe2a31312d87f66a6df.jpg

IMG_0884__1580834844_24349.thumb.jpg.ae094e82e68d76c9d64b1b9955655b4b.jpg

I added to the back of the box a piece of wood and plastic held in place by the same magnet as the box , to close the opening as much as possible and thus a better suction

The suction tests are conclusive and a lot more than the original! No dust falls under or on the table.

Now I can start my clock new project.....!😉

planeur

I use the port provided on my excalibur with my shop vac.. and it gets everything below the saw.. however I do get some dust from my dust blower that blows over to the hose of the shop vac and makes a slight mess there.. I'm thinking about trying to find a Y pipe where I could add some above table suction.. 

You system looks like it'd work well too.. but I wonder if you also get some of the above the table dust still..  Years ago on my DeWalt I just used a cardoard box and cut one en of it so it'd fit under the saw / blade.. that caught everything from landing on the floor and my lap.. LOL