Pre Wed Double Portrait

Ninuninu

6 hours ago, Ninuninu said:

Thanks munzieb

Shaving was a little out of the question for the missus. 🙂 I have tried to dabble a little in pyrography (not with good results yet I might add) and it is probably my lack of experience in this but found some problems when it came to the difference in the grain pattern. I usually use a higher quality oak veneered plywood for  my cuttings and it is only when I am embarking on a special project that I go for solid wood. (The reasons behind this of cutting with  a fret saw are quite obvious). When I have tried with my pyrographer I have found that the difference in the grain makes it more difficult to burn equally. On thing I do want to try is a little burning on Birch plywood because it looks to be better.

Cheers

Tony

You mentioned a few different types of wood you work with. How available are woodworking supplies where you live?

1 hour ago, munzieb said:

You mentioned a few different types of wood you work with. How available are woodworking supplies where you live?

Availability is on the up and coming but when it comes to solid wood it has to be bought by the plank and therefore very hard for me to make use of. On the other hand there are quite a few different plywoods available which is much better for me as I take them to my carpenter friend and chop them up to the sizes I want on his industrial table saw. That way it makes it much easier for me to transport and store my material. My main disadvantage is space seeing that I work at home but from a very small room which I have dubbed as my 'workshop' but it is very crammed.

Tony

2 hours ago, Ninuninu said:

Availability is on the up and coming but when it comes to solid wood it has to be bought by the plank and therefore very hard for me to make use of. On the other hand there are quite a few different plywoods available which is much better for me as I take them to my carpenter friend and chop them up to the sizes I want on his industrial table saw. That way it makes it much easier for me to transport and store my material. My main disadvantage is space seeing that I work at home but from a very small room which I have dubbed as my 'workshop' but it is very crammed.

Tony

Ah! Space, no matter how much you have, you can always use more. Good to hear you can find what you need. I understand Malta is a small island but many great craftsmen, especially you!

On 2/12/2020 at 4:05 PM, Sonny89 said:

Oh my God, that is so beautiful. I´m at the beginning of scroll-sawing, but such a great work I will never ever finish. Just amazing!!!

Thanks so much Sonny89. Four years ago I would have thought the same but keep practicing and never let anyone tell you that something is impossible. Remember it's only impossible until you do it.

Tony