Pre Wed Double Portrait

Ninuninu

8 hours ago, Fab4 said:

Hi Tony
Amazing, I would have had shaved before attempting this pattern, let alone the cutting...LOL
You sir, have move right up to the top of my "Insanity, at it's best" list -  That's a good thing
Well done, something to be proud of forever and ever
Fab4

Thanks Fab4. Not the first time I've been called nuts when people have seen this. Shaving had crossed my mind but it wouldn't have been me, plus the missus would have had something to say about it too 😄

Tony

Impressive to say the least but it is time to come over to the dark side and get a scrollsaw. You can do more of that type work and enjoy it. No shame in this. It is when you start using the CNC and laser machines that to me are not scrollsawing and just are cheating. Never was impressed with those using CNC and lasers. Yea those people talk about knowledge to set up machine but what the heck is that when it comes to hand eye coordination. Won't go into that here because no one will ever change my mind on that. Hopefully we can change your mind on a scrollsaw. That still requires hand eye coordination and is scrolling as is what you do. Very well done.  

1 hour ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Impressive to say the least but it is time to come over to the dark side and get a scrollsaw. You can do more of that type work and enjoy it. No shame in this. It is when you start using the CNC and laser machines that to me are not scrollsawing and just are cheating. Never was impressed with those using CNC and lasers. Yea those people talk about knowledge to set up machine but what the heck is that when it comes to hand eye coordination. Won't go into that here because no one will ever change my mind on that. Hopefully we can change your mind on a scrollsaw. That still requires hand eye coordination and is scrolling as is what you do. Very well done.  

Cheating?!,,,, I would bet maybe Tony, thinks all of us using fancy electric scroll saws, with variable  speed, quick change clamps, stay up top arms...etc.,,, are the ones cheating,,,, 😉

Edited by Scrappile

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Cheating?!,,,, I would bet maybe Tony, thinks all of us using fancy electric scroll saws, with variable  speed, quick change clamps, stay up top arms...etc.,,, are the ones cheating,,,, 😉

Yea but we can say we are scrollsawing. Using a laser to cut the same pattern there is no way you can say you were scrollsawing. I would not have the patients to do fret work with a fret saw for sure. That was my point. Yea I bet he thinks we are cheating too.