Jason from Indiana

funeralguy82

I have spent about a year now playing with a 16 inch craftsman I got from a trade-deal at the local pawn shop. My endless research on finding a smoother saw led me to this site... I have frequented Steve Goods website for quite some time and bought his flash drive of patterns! I hope soon I can sell enough of my other toys to buy a 16 inch Excalibur... not too expensive, but a definite upgrade! Then I can submit some worthy items into bragging rights!

13914C74-146A-4F8E-A20F-63E7026EE0ED.jpeg

F6C62A64-59D0-411B-8431-9F6F493DF274.jpeg

49438A46-DE50-46E4-9D73-2A0C17BDBDEF.jpeg

E68EE70C-57CA-48BC-86D2-FC6BCAD116F0.jpeg

00155CD5-735E-475C-AABB-31DA76C935C4.jpeg

Jason,  I am happy to see that you chose The Village to hopefully make one of your new homes. If you log on often and respond to other posts, you will soon start to recognize some of the regular's names and soon you will find that you are so much in touch with us that you will understand that we are  like a big world wide family of people who share their talents and ideas with one another. So continue to enjoy our site and to post your project under the 'bragging rights' section of the forum. Another quick way to get to know people here is to open up the 'Coffee house' forum and read what others are saying, to  one another. It is fun of fun and interesting comments. 

So, I  send you another WELCOME from warm and sunny Southern Arizona

Dick

heppnerguy

23 hours ago, funeralguy82 said:

I have spent about a year now playing with a 16 inch craftsman I got from a trade-deal at the local pawn shop. My endless research on finding a smoother saw led me to this site... I have frequented Steve Goods website for quite some time and bought his flash drive of patterns! I hope soon I can sell enough of my other toys to buy a 16 inch Excalibur... not too expensive, but a definite upgrade! Then I can submit some worthy items into bragging rights!

13914C74-146A-4F8E-A20F-63E7026EE0ED.jpeg

F6C62A64-59D0-411B-8431-9F6F493DF274.jpeg

49438A46-DE50-46E4-9D73-2A0C17BDBDEF.jpeg

E68EE70C-57CA-48BC-86D2-FC6BCAD116F0.jpeg

00155CD5-735E-475C-AABB-31DA76C935C4.jpeg

Chihuahua, Man you handle that saw like being born with a silver spoon  in your mouth.keep your work coming I,m impressed!!!

Thanks for all the compliments and welcoming messages. My craftsman saw has treated me well... but I made the mistake of taking the scrollsaw 101 class at Woodcraft after getting familiar will the hobby. That Dewalt saw I used in class showed me that holding straight lines and cutting tight corners is MUCH EASIER without all the vibration. Now I’m ready to divorce craftsman! I love the idea of the Pegas saw with the pre-upgraded chucks... but convincing my wife to let me spend $800 is a chore I am afraid to tackle! Worst part about cheating on my craftsman with dewalt... every time I have a breakage or split in a piece... I can’t help but think... “that wouldn’t have happened if I had a better saw!”