Stay at home pass times

jollyred

Some things I've done while at home.  The first one is a kazoo to serenade the LOML .  Got the idea from an article at the Instructible web site.  The second is a phone/tablet stand I made for her also.  The last one is a phone stand I made for myself.  It is a Steve Good pattern, and I will be carrying it in my wallet.  The cat stand is 1/4" BB and the other two are made out of 1/8" BB plywood.  The cat stand is painted black and the other two have a walnut oil finish.

Tom.l

Kazoo 2.jpg

Cat phone stand 1.jpg

Wallet phone stand.jpg

I made the cat pattern from an image I downloaded from the internet.  I don't know if it is copyrighted or not.  It has been around for a long time and is on a lot of products.  I knew my wife would like it since she has the pattern on a tee shirt she wears.  If someone knows about the copyright on this, let me know.  Otherwise I won't take a chance of putting it on here.

If you want to make the pattern for your own use, it is just the original art with the tail put on the other side of the cat.  I used the body side of the tail pattern and extended it an inch or so, and made a slotted connection between the two parts.

I saw a few videos of kazoo bands on you tube after I made the kazoo.  I might make enough to outfit a band from my grandkids and great grandkids.  Would be fun to give a concert for their parents.

Tom

Hey Tom, thanks for the info on that cat pattern. If you’re referring to this: 

https://www.1001freedownloads.com/free-clipart/grumpy-cat-2

it’s in the public domain, and free to use according to that website. Any chance we can get a picture from the back maybe? To see how the tails are attached? Do they come in at an angle? Really creative and has given me a ton of ideas sir. Appreciate it, and sorry to bother. ;)